Facebook Legacy Import Timeout

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Legacy Import Timeout

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant

Hello, you beautiful people. Congrats on the new release!

I’m using Eventica WordPress Theme v1.9.0 (latest version – released Aug 9, 2016) from Themeforest.

With this new update from ya’ll, the Facebook Imports page (Events > Legacy Import > Facebook) times out after roughly 5 minutes attempting to load the imports page. It defaults to a blank white page and this url: [website(dot)com]/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=events-importer&tab=facebook

I checked through the support forms. I don’t think it has to do with the number of Facebook pages – I’ve got it set to around 25 – 30 and worked before the previous update – no further pages have been added since long before this update.

Things to note – it looks like you pushed two versions of the update out. The legacy import worked perfectly after the first update but begin failing after the second.

Edit – the white page o’ death now displays this message: 504 Gateway Time-out. The server didn’t respond in time.

Troubleshooting:
    – I implemented the 2015 theme and it follows the same path – endless loading > timeout
    – begrudgingly disabling plugins does not correct the issue either

Hunter

Hey there!

Look who it is! Sorry to see you back here under the circumstances, but it’s always nice working with a lovely user like yourself! Now down to business!

Have you deactivated the Facebook Events plugin and entered your Events Aggregator license key under Events > Settings > Licenses? Once that’s done, did/can you try importing through the new importer by visiting Events > Import then select Facebook from the dropdown and proceed as usual? Let me know if how that works. Additionally, can you provide specific plugin versions for this statement you made:

it looks like you pushed two versions of the update out. The legacy import worked perfectly after the first update but begin failing after the second.

Sorry again you’re dealing with these issues and thanks for your patience for my delayed response. Take care and keep me posted. Cheers!

Heather
    Participant

Ah dearest Hunter – I always know when you support ticket name pops up in my email, an answer isn’t far behind.

And unfortunately, these will be one of those tickets you’ll have to chock up to user error (sincerest apologies) for I wasn’t aware the Aggregate was the replacement for Facebook import.

Obviously, “thou hast bestowed upon me the utmost knowledge. May thy children and thy children’s children be blessed beyond all measure.” – Taken from The Book of Clueless End Users, Chapter 4 verse 9.

Hunter

Heather, oh Heather!

I too had to clarify the process when running the gauntlet from Facebook Importer to Events Aggregator, so we’re two peas in a pod. Alas, I am overflowing with joy knowing you shall rest well this even knowing everything ’tis as it should be.

I shall now raise the drawbridge of this interaction, but my eyes will be on the queue for your threads on the morrow and every day thereafter. Adieu, My Good Lady!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Legacy Import Timeout’ is closed to new replies.