Facebook imports UTC time only

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook imports UTC time only

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    artssd
    Participant

On my scheduled FB imports, despite the Facebook event posting in the correct American timezone, the import creates these in UTC times which is confusing to many people not knowing what UTC even is. My state has two time zones so I’d really like to change the setting to default only to American timezones or better yet, CST or MST.
    Two screenshots. Correct showing of time when someone manually enters event into. UTC time when the event came from a Facebook import.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi artssd,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear about your issue with the timezones.

To be able to give you better help, could you share with me the Facebook feeds that you are importing and having trouble with?

Also please let me know what your Timezone mode setting is under Events > Settings > General tab > Timezone Settings section (bottom of the page).

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

artssd
    Participant

Thanks Andras!

For the timezone under settings, we use “use the local timezone for each event” setting, and “show timezone” is checked.

As far as the Facebook feeds, it’s all of them I have on daily scheduled import. Let me know if you would like those links.

Shari

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Shari,

Yes, having those links would be helpful. You can share them here in a private reply if you don’t want them to be public.

Your WordPress timezone under Settings > General is set to Chicago, is that right?

A.

artssd
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Shari,

I managed to run some further test. It is as I predicted. The responce Facebook provides shows the timezone as UTC-6 or UTC-7 and not like “America/Chicago”, unfortunately. So this is how the events get imported, this is what we need to work with.

If the event timezone of Facebook would be defined as Chicago (or whatever city), then that is what would be imported. (screenshot)

You can try to get in touch with the owner of that Facebook page and ask for them to adjust it. At the moment that is your best chance to get them right, apart from adjusting them manually.

This might not be the info you were expecting, but I hope it helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook imports UTC time only’ is closed to new replies.