Facebook Imports (Recurring Events, not posting Correct)

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Imports (Recurring Events, not posting Correct)

• This topic has 0 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by serpcom.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    serpcom
    Participant

I’m pulling in Facebook events using the Event Aggregator, but it is not showing the correct days for the events.

The recurring event is every Saturday in December. We set it up once on facebook and indicate that it happens on each saturday 12/2, 12/9, 12/16 and 12/23; however on our website calendar using the Event Aggregator it shows the event as happening every day of the week Sunday – Monday.

Is the event set up wrong on Facebook or is this an issue with the events calendar and it’s ability to correctly import from facebook? Please advice as soon as possible. Thanks.

Patricia

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I’m really sorry to hear that you are having this problem! We are aware of this issue and it is happening because the Facebook API does not provide, currently, information about Recurring events. Our devs are still discussing the next steps to solve the problem.

I’m linking this thread to our internal bug report: I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now, but the good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a solution is available!

We want to apologize for any inconveniences or problems that this issue may have caused you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Best Regards,

Patricia

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jon!

Just wanted to share with you that we have shipped a fix for this issue. It’s all on our Event Aggregator server side of things so you don’t need to update any plugins.

As always, please make sure you are using the latest versions of our plugins. Remember you can always download our plugins from your downloads page > https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please try your imports again and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Imports (Recurring Events, not posting Correct)’ is closed to new replies.