Facebook Imports are Inconsistent for Some Pages

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Imports are Inconsistent for Some Pages

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

I am using the Event calendar, Event Calendar Pro and the Facebook import plugin.
    I am seeing some inconsistency on several FB pages when importing music events. There are some pages, like the link below, that work just fine: https://www.facebook.com/NBTavern

ID#412458355491506

This page, however, I am unable to import events:
    https://www.facebook.com/hometeambbq

ID# 53608338472

What is the difference between these two FB pages? Is it a permission/security issue that one group has set differently? If I knew the difference, then I could potentially instruct the users to make changes in order for us to import their music events into our calendar.

Also, I can provide screenshots if necessary.

**Note – I am testing this out at the moment, so the calendar may not be fully operational on my beta site.
    Thanks guys,
    Mike

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey mikeinsc,

When I tested those sites,  I too was able to import events from the NBTavern, but not from hometeambbq. But hometeambbq doesn’t actually have any future events, so there’s nothing to import at the moment, so that would be expected behavior. Is that the way you see it?

Also, I should make you aware of something regarding the Facebook API. In case you missed this on our product page:

Please note: You may not be able to import events that Facebook deems adult in nature, including breweries, bars, night clubs, and adult entertainment. The Facebook API dictates that only public, unrestricted events are importable at this time.

It appears that these Facebook Pages are importing at the present time, but Facebook can change that at any time. Just thought you should know as the tavern site may come under this restriction at some point.

– Julie

Mike
    Participant

You know, you are absolutely correct about the BBQ place events. I misread it initially and thought the last event was 2/27, not 2/21. That makes sense.

I do have a follow up question. If you go to our test site, beta.scmusicguide.com, and pull up the music calendar from the main menu, one of the events is off by about 30 minutes. It shows as 6:30, yet if you go to the facebook.com/NBTavern, the event shows as 7:00.

Because many shows run past midnight, I set the time to be 1:00 am, instead of 12:00. Also, my main WP timezone is set to New York, since I am on East Coast.

Any ideas on the time difference?

Barry

Hi Mike: I’m surprised to hear there would be a 1/2 hour offset in those circumstances: is this  a problem you are seeing regularly? Is it possible that at the time of import the event time (on Facebook) was different?

Mike
    Participant

Barry, I just did a scan and it does appear that now the times are in sync. However, I do have one other question. Here is a link to an event, and the image that normally shows for many venues, is appearing as a generic blurred picture. Any ideas as to what causes this? Below is a link to the event on my site. I also included a link to the actual Facebook page as well for a comparison.
    http://scmusicguide.com/event/friends-of-russ-present-our-western-sky-grey-spy-everlasting-earle-and-mountain-homes/

Venue’s FB Page:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/455668227866523/

Thanks!

Barry

Right: there have been a few problems in the latest release with Facebook images, regrettably.

We’ve actually just revised the section of the plugin responsible for this and, though I can appreciate it must be frustrating to have some strange image imports like the one you referenced, if you can bear with it a little longer and take care of them manually we should see an improvement in this area in the near future.

Barry

I’ll go ahead and close this for the time being. If you need further help with any other issues please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Imports are Inconsistent for Some Pages’ is closed to new replies.