Facebook Imports – another concern.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Imports – another concern.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tony Bell
    Participant

When importing Facebook events (scheduled imports) it seems that it imports the VENUE as the VENUE but also imports the ORGANIZER as the VENUE. Is this intended? In many cases on our 5000+ events the organizer will be different and will need to be manually amended.

Also, when I run a simple SQL script across the database to extract a CSV file, events which have been imported from FB with the same VENUE and ORGANIZER are omitted. The only selection criteria I use is a date range.

Cliff

Hi, Tony.

Sorry you’re experiencing this. If it really is acting this way, it shouldn’t be. Venues definitely aren’t Organizers!

To confirm:

• Please provide a Facebook URL for which this is happening.
    • Does it also happen for one-time imports or is this bug specific to scheduled imports?
    • Please provide the SQL you’re running.

Once I get this information from you, I’ll see if I can replicate the issue on my local testing site.

Tony Bell
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Sorry for taking so long to reply. Two examples spring to mind, the first is Ipswich Jazz Festival who run a series of events at different locations:
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/ipswichjazzfestival
    This is as we would expect it.

And The Wild Man – a pub who run weekly live music nights:
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/thewildmaninnsproughton
    On the screen print attached the first six have been edited manually but the rest are as they are imported.

If you need anything else let me know.

Tony

Cliff

Thanks.

I did a test import of an event from https://www.facebook.com/pg/thewildmaninnsproughton/events/ (and here’s a screenshot showing the events at that page, just for our reference). And here’s my result: https://cl.ly/2V091U1E1K3O

Since I was able to replicate this issue, I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Would you also be able to share that SQL you ran (that did not pick up events like this)?

Tony Bell
    Participant

Thank you for looking at this Cliff. In your result you show the VENUE as ‘Incorrect’ – that in fact is correct, the venue is The Wild Man Pub.

The SQL script we run is as follows:

— Set the start of the month here in reverse format ie. 2015-12-01
    SET @start_date = cast(‘2017-04-01’ AS datetime);

— Main SQL statement
    SELECT
    post_event.post_title AS event_name,
    post_event.post_content AS event_description,
    post_venue.post_title AS venue_name,
    meta_town.meta_value AS venue_town,
    meta_county.meta_value AS venue_county,
    meta_start.meta_value AS event_start,
    meta_price.meta_value AS event_price
    FROM
    wp_posts AS post_event,
    wp_posts AS post_venue,
    wp_postmeta AS event_venue_join,
    wp_postmeta AS meta_town,
    wp_postmeta AS meta_county,
    wp_postmeta AS meta_start,
    wp_postmeta AS meta_price
    WHERE post_event.post_type = ‘tribe_events’
    AND post_venue.post_type = ‘tribe_venue’
    — Join events to venues
    AND event_venue_join.post_id = post_event.id
    AND event_venue_join.meta_key = ‘_EventVenueID’
    AND event_venue_join.meta_value = post_venue.id
    — Venue Town
    AND meta_town.post_id = post_venue.id
    AND meta_town.meta_key = ‘_VenueCity’
    — Venue County
    AND meta_county.post_id = post_venue.id
    AND meta_county.meta_key = ‘_VenueStateProvince’
    — Event Start Date
    AND meta_start.post_id = post_event.id
    AND meta_start.meta_key = ‘_EventStartDate’
    — Event Price
    AND meta_price.post_id = post_event.id
    AND meta_price.meta_key = ‘_EventCost’
    — Date filter
    AND cast(meta_start.meta_value AS datetime) >= @start_date
    AND cast(meta_start.meta_value AS datetime) < DATE_ADD(@start_date, INTERVAL 1 MONTH)
    ORDER BY meta_start.meta_value

Tony Bell
    Participant

Update – my SQL man has solved that problem for me. The price field is non existent in the FB import so by making it an optional field we are now seeing all of the data in the extract.

Thank you.

Cliff

Gotcha, so who is the Organizer of https://www.facebook.com/events/1118053984982064/? You’re expecting it to be blank/unassigned, right?

Are you able to attempt importing any of these additional scenarios:

1. has FB organizer but not FB venue -> imports correctly or duplicates Organizer into the Venue field as well?
    2. has neither FB organizer nor FB venue -> imports blank and blank?
    3. has FB organizer and FB venue -> and imports as expected, or does Venue still get imported to the Organizer field?
    Tony Bell
    Participant

Hi Cliff – I am beginning to think that it is my logic that is at fault here! On the basis that our SQL script wasn’t picking up some events and that these events seemed to be those having a venue the same as the organiser I assumed that this was the issue.

To answer your question the organiser of this event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1118053984982064/ is The Wild Man. A lot of our venues organiser their own events – equally we get organisations who run events at venues. If I look at Ipswich Jazz Festival FB imports the organiser is Ipswich Jazz Festival, the venues are as they should be – so the answer to question 1 is yes, that imports correctly.

Question 2 – I cannot test this one because all of my events have either one or the other.
    Question 3 – As with The Wild Man the venue is the organiser so this is in fact correct.

I seem to have set a hare running that need not have been raised for which I apologies. It was my internal flawed logic rather than your software!

Cliff

That’s okay. Thanks for the thorough update.

Have a great rest of your week!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Imports – another concern.’ is closed to new replies.