Facebook import + WPML

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook import + WPML

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rdesignsro
    Participant

Hello,

I’am using your Events Calendar + Facebook Importer with WPML plugin. I have website in 2 languages. In primary language are events loaded, but in second language are no events…

Can I somehow completely disable translation for 2nd language? I want just to show all imported events identically in both language versions.

Thanks for answer

Geoff B.

Good evening Robert and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

You are right, officially our importers do not support WPML yet: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/wpml-support/

But, we are working on that. Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned!

In the meantime, there might be a couple of workarounds:

1. You could manually make a duplicate of each event imported using the “Duplicate” WPML button in each event.
    2. You could try the batch duplicating tool from WPML: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/batch-duplicating-using-the-translation-dashboard/ , but this is not officially supported and you might have to reassign the venues and organizers manually

Whatever you do, I would recommend a good backup before hand (mostly the database) or better yet to run these tests on a staging environment.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

rdesignsro
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

thanks for answer and solution with Duplication. But I would prefer something more automatic. Is there any possibility to change templates (of widget and list view in calendar) to display content only from 1 language?
    Because I need only 3 calendar views (Sidebar widget, List view and Event detail).

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook import + WPML’ is closed to new replies.