Facebook import times out when many pages

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook import times out when many pages

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gisela Nilsson
    Participant

I have over 100 pages that I import events from. It worked up until yesterday and now it times out. I removed all but one and then it works. It definitely took some time for the events to show when I had the whole list but it didn’t time out.

How many pages is it capable of checking without timing out?
    If I set up an automatic import every day, will that work differently and not time out?

It’s a hassle to have to do the import in chunks.
    I read in another thread that it is most likely the plug in that can’t handle the volume as opposed to the servers. Is it something you are working on?

Thank you!

Nico

Hey @guidegirl,

Thanks for reaching out to us on this!

My first guess is that the script is timing out due to server constrains. Can you try to set higher values for PHP max_execution_time and memory_limit config options?

If you are not sure about how to change those please contact your hosting providers on that.

How many pages is it capable of checking without timing out?

I think there’s no limit to it other than resources and time for the script to process the import.

Please give the suggest recommendation a try and let me know,
    Best,
    Nico

Paul
    Participant

Was having exactly the same problem @guidegirl. Interestingly, this began in the last few days (I have seen some other people on here raising the same issue).

I have extended max_execution_time and max_input_time and this appears to have resolved it at the moment.

Nico

Thanks for the note @wanganuiedc… Can you please note how many pages are you importing from?

@guidegirl
    , please give me a heads up when you are able to try that out!

Thanks,
    Nico

Paul
    Participant

Hey Nico – 51 pages. Cheers

Nico

@wanganuiedc, thanks for the info 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook import times out when many pages’ is closed to new replies.