Facebook Import Timeout

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Import Timeout

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rick Maggio
    Participant

Hi,
    We’re trying to work with the facebook importer. After adding about 20 facebook pages to import, we can no longer access the facebook importer page in admin (blank page or just stops trying) and prior to that, had been getting blank pages, timeouts, etc. when trying to access and make changes (adding new fb pages) to this.

I’ve read a number of posts on the topic but there doesn’t seem to be a resolution to this. Can you provide some direction.

We’ve increase the server max execution times as well to try to accommodate.

Geoff

Hey Rick,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the timeout issues here when importing events from Facebook.

Just to clarify: is the timeout happening when you’ve added 20 Facebook pages to check or when you’ve imported 20 Facebook events?

If the issue is after adding 20 pages, then I would imagine that having the plugin check that many sources at a scheduled time would be pretty taxing on any server, especially a shared host if you happen to use one.

In that case, does the issue resolve if you use a smaller number of pages to check? How about 2 or 3 instead? If you’re

Let’s start there and see what we find. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Rick Maggio
    Participant

Thanks Geoff,
    I meant 20 pages. I actually intend to try to import about 75 pages on a regular basis. Do you think that this is outside of the capabilities of the plug-in? Also, I’m not opposed to upgrading servers for this. Do you think that a dedicated server would do much better?

Thanks,
    Rick

Rick Maggio
    Participant

Once last question. I previously saved about 20 pages in there but can’t even access the page to remove some. Would I have to do that in the DB?

Geoff

Hey Rick, thanks for following up!

Yeah, I do think importing from 20+ pages is more a limitation of the plugin than it is the server–though having a dedicated server for high activity and large amounts of content would certainly help.

Sounds like that could be a deal breaker for you, so we’d be able to refund that license for you if you need it. Please email us at support [at] theeventscalendar.com with your receipt and reference this thread and we’d be happy to process that for you.

And, yes, you should be able to re-access the admin pages by manually uninstalling the Facebook Events plugin via FTP.

Sorry for the trouble here and I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions here and I’d be happy to help as best I can.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Rick Maggio
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

My pleasure and thanks for your understanding and sticking with us!

If you have a moment, I’d love to see that posted as a request on our new feature feature forum for Facebook Events. That will make sure it stays on our radar and allow others to post to it as well–you know, keep the pressure on us. 🙂

Thanks again for reaching out! Feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Import Timeout’ is closed to new replies.