Facebook Import showing events that are not on the specific page

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Import showing events that are not on the specific page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ksiuda
    Participant

Odd issue for me, when I go to import from a Facebook page (facebook.com/maingatesquare) it shows some recurring events that are no longer events listed on said page (they have been in the past, but have been removed).

These are the four events that it shows that are not part of the maingatesquare facebook page:

Whiskey Wednesdays
    Weekday Quiet Study Hours
    Trivia Night at Espresso Art
    Karaoke Fridays at Espresso Art Cafe

Since they are recurring, it lists them multiple times. When viewing events on facebook.com/maingatesquare, these events don’t exist. These events originate from another page: facebook.com/espressoartcafetucson.

Anyways, this is an issue because it prevents me from setting up a Scheduled Import on the maingatesquare page, as it tries to import these events that shouldn’t be there.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi ksiuda,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

Sorry about these issues you are having with the import.

Until we investigate this you can do the following:

Set up the scheduled import with the feed and let it import all the events.

After the import go to your event list in the back-end. Search for the events that you do not want to import (e.g. the instances of Whiskey Wednesdays). Hover over the event title and then click on “Hide & Ignore”. (screenshot) This will place that event on the ignore list and will not be imported / updated any more and it will not show up on the front-end.

Does this help?

Cheers,
    Andras

ksiuda
    Participant

Just following up; the events have appeared on my page again, so this is looking like a Facebook issue (inability to delete recurring events). I’ve opened a ticket with them about how to remove said events. Your work around works nicely as well. Thanks!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me on that. Happy to hear the it seems to be resolved.

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please create a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugins, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar/
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/event-tickets/

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Import showing events that are not on the specific page’ is closed to new replies.