Facebook import repeating single events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook import repeating single events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

Seems now that my system is working (as it took forever for it to auto import) now it is repeating the same event a few times. Not sure if it is due to someone changing the picture on facebook or what but I had two events sourced from our facebook page import 5 times each.

Barry

Hi James,

I’m sorry to hear that: this definitely shouldn’t happen (one of the things the importer does is check to see if the unique Facebook ID associated with each event is already on the system) but it’s always possible something has gone wrong.

Can you point me to some of the imported duplicates and to the source event(s) on Facebook itself?

Thanks!

James
    Participant

Not sure what you mean by your response. I had to trash the extra events as I could not have 10 of each on the calendar without people complaining, which they did. All stemmed from Facebook showing our FB account as the organizer. No data had changed on them. However the two events I entered in yesterday since you most recent update have yet to duplicate.

Barry

OK – I can fully understand your deleting the duplicates – but sometimes it can be useful for us to take a look at them in case some clue to the problem presents itself.

In this case, especially since you haven’t had any additional duplicates just yet, let’s hold tight and see if the problem repeats.

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook import repeating single events’ is closed to new replies.