Facebook Import permissions now more restrictive in version 4.0.x

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Import permissions now more restrictive in version 4.0.x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant

I just upgraded from v3.1x to the latest versions:
    EC 4.0.4
    EC Pro 4.0.3
    FB 4.0

Now my interns who have Editor permissions can no longer access the Facebook Import feature since they’ve been moved to the Import screen (which is only accessible by Administrators).

I obviously don’t want my interns to have Admin permissions just to import FB events, and they shouldn’t need to be Admins to do this. Is there a workaround or can you fix this ASAP in the next release?

How well do you account for the different levels of WordPress permissions and different roles we assign people working with your product? As a user of your product, I do not want to have to give anyone Admin permissions just to use basic features.

Tom
    Participant

I’m a PRO user..can I get some timely support please?

Geoff

Hi Tom,

So sorry for the delay! We’ve been doing our best to catch up from the holiday break but totally understand that waiting upwards of 2 days for a reply is no good. My sincere apologies!

We try to respect the same user role permissions that WordPress uses for it’s own import settings, which is to restrict importing to the Admin and Super Admin roles.

That said, we often recommend the User Role Editor plugin for customizing role permissions. Select the Editor role from the menu, provide the role with “import” capabilities, save the settings, then that will unlock the Import feature for your editors.

Will this work for you? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Tom
    Participant

Thank you! That plugin did the trick!

Geoff

Right on, that’s awesome to hear! Thanks a ton for following up and feel free to hit us with a new thread if any questions surface–we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Import permissions now more restrictive in version 4.0.x’ is closed to new replies.