Facebook import feed suggestion

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook import feed suggestion

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Citizen LocalMotive
    Participant

Our calendar relies almost exclusively on the event aggregator and especially Facebook scheduled import feeds. Each feed is from the events page of an organization\’s Facebook page and organizations my plan a variety of types events — meetings, rallies, trainings, conferences, etc. — so I would never want to assign a single event category to an import feed. The one input you have given us for feeds is particularly unhelpful to us. I am curious if others find this helpful for a regularly scheduled feed from a group’s calendar — I can’t imagine, unless it is a single-focused type of organization like a training facility. Imagine a church group or a non-profit or a restaurant with an event space or a theater that makes their space available to the public — none of these groups would ever have a single event category associated with their feeds.

Suggestion: Please change this input to something more generally useful, like a tag or the organizer. Even better, can you let us specify what type of input it is?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Carolyn at LocalMotive

Courtney

Hi there Carolyn

That really sounds like a useful feature. At this time, we don’t have a way to customize like that. If you think that is something you would like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.

You can suggest it it http://tribe.uservoice.com.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Citizen LocalMotive
    Participant

Hi Courtney, Maybe I wasn’t clear… you already have a field for an Event Category. I am primarily suggesting changing it to something more generally useful, like a tag. That doesn’t seem like anymore customization required than the Event Category did. I can’t imagine many people find being able to specify Event Category very useful for reasons above.

(I should have left off the second part of my suggestion, as it seems to have caused a distraction from the main suggestion. Sorry.)

Thanks in advance.

Courtney

Thanks Carolyn

Our team does review ideas like these from our UserVoice suggestions. Please do leave a response there and hopefully we can integrate it in an upcoming release.

Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook import feed suggestion’ is closed to new replies.