Facebook images not showing in single event view

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook images not showing in single event view

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    simon
    Participant

Hi there,
    I have managed to successfully import all the event info over from Facebook and whilst the image is showing correctly in ‘month’ view, there is an error box visible as the picture for all FB imported events on the single event view.

Can you help me fix this please?

(ps. the first few events with visible images were manually imported)

Geoff

Hey there Simon–thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the issue here!

Man, I definitely see what you mean:

• Some events have a broken featured image in the Month View and the Single Event view
    • Some events have a working featured image in the Month View and a broken image in the Single View
    • Other have a working featured image in both the Month View and the Single View

I honestly haven’t come across other reports that match up specifically like this and have been unable to reproduce that same error in my local tests.

I see you noted having tried deactivating all other plugins. Did you happen to notice a difference when all other plugins were deactivated?

I know it can be a pain, but are you able to try activating a default WordPress theme (like Twenty Fifteen) to see if that makes a difference? It would be even all other plugins were deactivated as well. This can be done on a separate test domain or a subdirectory so it doesn’t interfere with your live site. Set that up and try importing those same events to see if the issue happens there as well.

Just a shot in the dark: do you have any custom functions for featured post thumbnail in your theme? Or perhaps a plugin that manages post thumbnail sizes?

Let’s start there and see what we find. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

simon
    Participant

Hi Geoff,
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    First I tried deactivating all the plugins except the Events Calendar, Events Pro and Facebook Events.
    This made no difference.
    I have now switched tot he 2015 theme which has solved the layout problem in ‘month view’ as the featured images are not overlapping any text as before but after re-importing all the events, the image is still broken in single event view.

I’m not sure if I have any custom thumbnail styling in the theme but I imagine if this is still happening in 2015 theme then that’s not the problem…

Hope you can help still – if you can at least let me know what I need to fix in my theme to allow the month view to appear as it does in 2015 (no overlapping images)

Thanks!

simon
    Participant

url for the 2015 theme events bit is dev.newcrossinn.com/events by the way!

Geoff

Hi Simon and thanks for following up–and thanks for setting up the development site. That’s a huge help and I appreciate it. 🙂

The odd thing here is that one version of the image might be available but the second is not. For example, I go to this event and:

In both cases, the images are indeed saved in the site’s uploads folder.

That makes me wonder if the issue has something to do with file permissions. Are you able to go in and check the permissions of the unavailable file? Do they match the permissions of the file that is available?

Give that a check and let me know what you find. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

simon
    Participant

Hi Geoff,
    I’m sorry to be a pain but I can’t find how to check the file permissions or where they would be. I have looked in /wp-includes with no luck.
    Sorry!

Geoff

No worries at all! I’d be happy to point you in the right direction here if I can. 🙂

Here’s a great article in the WordPress Codex that walks through file permissions and how to change them. Take special note on the section on using a FTP client.

If FTP isn’t available to you, then it could be through your hosting provider, who you can contact for further assistance in reaching and changing those files.

Cheers!
    Geoff

simon
    Participant

Hi Geoff,
    Ok so what has happened is that some of the uploads have the permission ‘0600’ and some of them have the permission ‘0644’ – the ones with ‘0644’ are ones with dimensions stipulated in the title so I guess they are the thumbnails?

Is there an auto fix for this or is it a case of manually changing all the photo permissions to 0644?

Thanks

Geoff

That’s a good question–and ultimately, I think your hosting provider is best suited to answer it. For some reason, those uploads are being set to specific permissions and I bet the host will be able to shed some light on why and/or provide a way around that.

Let me know if any other questions come up as a result of contacting the host.

Cheers!
    Geoff

simon
    Participant

Thanks for your help Geoff, my host has resolved this!

Geoff

Fantastic! I’m so glad to hear that, Simon–thanks for following up and letting me know. 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread out, but please feel to start a new one if anything else comes up and we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook images not showing in single event view’ is closed to new replies.