Facebook Events vs Events Aggregatior?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Events vs Events Aggregatior?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gerhard
    Participant

Hey Dudes!

So um, I’m confused – I just bought Facebook events to pull in events into Events Calendar but I noticed now there is something called Events Aggregator… which is a separate product, costs the same and does much more? The Facebook import is also under “Legacy Import” indicating again it’s old hat now…

So 2 questions:

1) is Events Aggregator the superior product?
    2) if so, can I just get a refund for the Facebook import plugin I literally just bought an hour ago and buy Events Allegator (heh) instead?

Thanks!

Geoff

Hi Gerhard,

Hey, thanks for reaching out!

Excellent question. Event Aggregator is indeed going to take the place of Facebook Events (in addition to iCal Importer) down the road.

Right now, both import events from Facebook. I would say the process is cleaner in Event Aggregator and has some a few more options for importing and managing imported events, but they ultimately achieve the same result at the end of the day.

Would you like me to refund your Facebook Events purchase so you can snag Event Aggregator instead? Let me know and I’d be happy to do just that.

Thanks!
    Geoff

P.S. Ha! A few of us love calling it the Alligator as well. ?

Gerhard
    Participant

Yes Please! Go ahead and process the refund for me please Sir so I can upgrade 😉

You are a Scholar and a Gent.

Geoff

Hey Gerhard,

You know what, turns out we actually granted you a free license for Event Aggregator for purchasing Facebook Events. I forgot that was something we were doing automatically to give folks a chance to try it out. You can find it by heading to the My Account > Licenses screen once you’re logged into this site.

If I refund the order for Facebook Events, it actually wipes out Event Aggregator as well.

So, how about we keep your order in tact for Facebook Events and you get to enjoy Event Aggregator as well — like a 2-for-1 deal. 🙂

You can let the Facebook Events license expire on November 19, 2017 and renew Event Aggregator instead, which has the same expiration date.

Sound good? Let me know!

Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Events vs Events Aggregatior?’ is closed to new replies.