Facebook Events Show UTC Instead of PST or EST

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Events Show UTC Instead of PST or EST

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Martha
    Participant

I am using the Facebook Importer and all of the events are importing with the UTC time zones. The manually entered events are showing the times as PST, EST, etc. Is there a way to convert the UTC numbers to the other abbreviations or to list the other abbreviations next to the UTC ones? Most of our users are more familiar with the initials.

Also, I found it hard to use the drop-down time-zone selector. I live in California which is a big state, and the only city on the list was Los Angeles. I live in Berkeley, and was expecting to find San Francisco which is the closest big city. It would have been easier for me to pick from a list that had PST on it. My test calendar is at http://www.WomenArts.org/swandates/

Martha Richards

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins. I can help out here.

Can you please provide a link to a Facebook event you have imported in a private reply and I will do some tests and see if there is a way to change it.

As for the timezone dropdown we use the list that WordPress generates itself so we do not have control over what is included in there.

Thanks

Martha
    Participant

Thanks, Brian. I realized that I could just turn off the timezones, and I think that is the best solution for us. Our calendar is a list of arts events all over the world, and I think people will assume that the shows are at 8 p.m. in the local timezone. One less thing to worry about . . .

This is really a great program. I am so pleased with all the thoughtful details.

Brian
    Keymaster

I am glad to see you were able to figure out a way that works for you.

I am going to go ahead and close this ticket. If you have a similar issue or another in the future, please do not hesitate to create a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Events Show UTC Instead of PST or EST’ is closed to new replies.