Facebook Events Problem
Hi Mike, I don’t think the ID is the page name, it is a number, did you follow the instructions in the Facebook New User Primer? https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/facebook-importer-new-user-primer/
Let me know if this helps.
1. I have this installed “The Events Calendar” – I don’t think it is the pro but I could be wrong.
2. Everything is at its latest version
3. Under Event Calendar > Settings > Facebook tab I enter “buzzbinmagazine” and there are no show options to import.
4. Since that does not work I enter in my id #151666849639 and that does not work either.
I have tried with custom app info as well and nothing works there either.
Thanks for the help.
Hey there Mike. Thanks for the follow-up, and for the explanation of your process. I just followed these steps (it shouldn’t matter if you have PRO or not, but I deactivated it just to be safe) and am seeing events from buzzbinmagazine showing up fine on my Import FB Events tab: http://d.pr/i/pZuD.
Is it possible that you entered the username in one of the Facebook App ID/Secret fields, instead of the one below them? It should appear like so: http://d.pr/i/xMyG. Let me know if you think that is possible.
Hello Mike, since it works fine on Rob’s test, before we resort to logging in to your site to try to help, can you please first confirm you’ve done all of the following:
1. Are you running the latest version of WordPress?
2. Are you running the latest versions of our plugins (2.0.8)?
3. Have you tried deactivating all other plugins to rule out a conflict?
4. Have you tried reverting to the Twenty Eleven theme to see if it’s something with your theme?
5. Try setting your permalinks to ‘postname’ in Settings > Permalinks?
6. Try refreshing your permalinks by visiting Settings > Permalinks (it does it automatically)?
7. Try increasing the PHP memory for your website: http://www.dailyblogging.org/wordpress/increase-wordpress-memory-limit/?
Knowing that you’ve done all of this will help us narrow down the problem faster.
Have you made any modifications at all to our plugins?