Facebook Events plugin displays image on 'Photo View' for Events Calendar Pro

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Facebook Events plugin displays image on 'Photo View' for Events Calendar Pro

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    James

Hi, I’m looking at getting the Pro version with the Facebook events plugin. I just wanted to know exactly what info gets pulled from Facebook and is represented in the calendar. Ideally, I’d like the following displayed (in photo view):

-event name
    -date
    -time
    -FB event link
    -featured image
    -map (I believe FB uses Bing – will that properly display on the calendar?)
    -description (assuming of course that’s been done on the Facebook event

Additionally, how easy is it to edit an event that’s been automatically pulled from FB? Can I add embedded video, additional info/images/etc., meta descriptions?

Cheers

George
    Participant

Hey James,

As far as I know, all of the items you listed here will indeed be imported. Here are a few notes on this though, hopefully it helps:

That Map information should work fine regardless of Facebook using Bing – as long as the address information itself is valid, it will work with The Events Calendar’s integrations with Google Maps.

As for editing events that are automatically imported, it’s as easy to edit these – or any imported events – as it is to edit a post or page within WordPress. One note that might help is that there’s an option in your Facebook Importer settings panel that sets the default “status” of imported events.

By default, this option is set to “Published”, meaning that right upon import, your events from Facebook get published to the front-end of your site.

Many people prefer to set this option to “Drafts”, and that might work well for you here as well. This way, events are indeed imported automatically or manually just the same, but they’re saved as “Drafts” within your WordPress admin. This means that you can edit them before they ever get posted to the front-end of your site, visible to the public.

While this option does add one extra step for imported events, because you have to then manually click the “Publish” button for each imported event to get posted to the front-end, it’s a great option if you’re worried about imported events not getting the correct data you want. It gives you a chance to review all imported events and make any edits you’d like.

Let me know if this helps! Three great resources to look into if you have other questions are:

Cheers!
    George

George
    Participant

Hello,

This issue’s been sitting here a while so I’m going to go ahead and close it for now – if other issues arise, don’t hesitate to come back and open a new ticket, and if you need to open a new ticket about the same issues you originally brought up here, please share a link to this original ticket so we can pick up where we left off.

Cheers!
    George

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Events plugin displays image on 'Photo View' for Events Calendar Pro’ is closed to new replies.