Facebook Events not importing User IDs with Dashes "-"

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Events not importing User IDs with Dashes "-"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Participant

I’m trying to set up automatic imports, but Facebook Events will not import user IDs that include dashes.

Using WordPress 3.3.2, Events Calendar Free, and Facebook Events.

Rob

Hey Lauren. Thanks for the heads up on this; it is definitely possible there is a bug pertaining to this. We had a problem in the pre-launch QA where names with spaces didn’t import but fixed that, which should have resolved this too.

Do you have a dashed username you can share with me to test? From there, we’ll get this patched up for July’s monthly maintenance release (which will be out the first week of next month). Thanks for bringing this to our attention and my apologies for the inconvenience until this is resolved.

Lauren
    Participant

Sure, try “Lala-Gallery-Studio”. I got around this using the ID#, but when keeping track of several dozen venues, it’s helpful to know what’s listed by name.

Rob

Thanks, Lauren – I am seeing the error message with that account. Appreciate the quick response. I’ve logged this with the devs to fix for the next release, so we should have it in 1.0.1 (which at this point is less than a month out, and will be released the first week of July). Thanks for bringing this to our attention…and sorry, again, for the inconvenience until that patch is deployed. Glad to see you found a workaround in the interim.

Daniel
    Participant

After compiling a long list of people to add, I’m having the same issue. It would take quite a bit of time for me to grab IDs from every page, so I’ll probably wait until July.

Rob

This is indeed one of the only issues in the July maintenance release queue at this point, so there’s no question that it’ll be included then. Thanks for your understanding on this folks.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Events not importing User IDs with Dashes "-"’ is closed to new replies.