Facebook events not importing, pages not showing up

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook events not importing, pages not showing up

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    spotmagfl
    Participant

Hello,
    I just purchased the Facebook Events plugin and am having problems importing the events, both automatically and manually.

I started by adding two FB pages. They have not imported at all even though I have it set up for one hour intervals. Then I tried to add another page. It shows up under settings but is not listed at all on the FB Import page.
    Then I tried to manually import events with their ID and I get the same error as other people who have posted:
    “The following errors have occurred:
    Either the event with ID 129987673862649 does not exist, is marked as private on Facebook or we couldn’t reach the Facebook API
    Please note that as a result, no events were successfully imported.”

Also, I was able to import two events manually from FB and then it stopped working.
    I have already deactivated all the other plugins and changed the theme back to Twenty Eleven. Running site on Linux server. Nothing works. Please help!
    My site: http://www.spotmagfl.com
    Facebook pages:
    dixieroadhouse (this one does not show up)
    SPOT Magazine
    Rack Em
    Thanks!

Jonah
    Participant

Hey spotmagfl,

Sorry to hear about all the issues. Do any of these pages or events have any age restrictions or privacy settings that could be preventing import from them?

– Jonah

spotmagfl
    Participant

That is very possible. Most of them are bars and/or restaurants so that would make sense. Is there any way to circumvent this problem? Please tell me there is since 90% of our events are bar related.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi spotmagfl,

It’s very likely this is the issue. Can you change age restrictions and/or privacy settings for any of the pages and try again?

– Jonah

spotmagfl
    Participant

I tried to import from our page (which has no restrictions) and it seemed to work fine. Is there a way around the age restriction thing? We deal with many many bars.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi spotmagfl,
    Unfortunately not. Facebook’s API doesn’t allow for us to make this happen at the time. We are definitely looking into ways to facilitate this in the future, but for now we cannot do it.

– Jonah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook events not importing, pages not showing up’ is closed to new replies.