Facebook Events not importing into The Events Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Events not importing into The Events Calendar

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Joyce Grace

Hello pb, I am making sure Rob will get back to you asap.

In the mean time can you please confirm you’ve done all of the following for him:

1. Are you running the latest version of WordPress?
    2. Are you running the latest versions of our plugins (2.0.8)?
    3. Have you tried deactivating all other plugins to rule out a conflict?
    4. Have you tried reverting to the Twenty Eleven theme to see if it’s something with your theme?
    5. Try setting your permalinks to ‘postname’ in Settings > Permalinks?
    6. Try refreshing your permalinks by visiting Settings > Permalinks (it does it automatically)?
    7. Try increasing the PHP memory for your website: http://www.dailyblogging.org/wordpress/increase-wordpress-memory-limit/?

And just to be sure, you tried to turn off the age restriction on Facebook?

pb

Joyce thanks for the reply.
    To answer your questions.
    1. yes
    2. yes Version 2.0.8
    3. yes
    4. yes
    5. yes
    6. just did
    7. just did – still no luck
    no age restriction.
    thanks for your help.

Rob

Hi there pb. I can definitely take a look at this issue for you, though if it’s not one of the situations described above it’ll require some investigation to get to the bottom of it. Investigating this is going to require that I take a look at the backend of the site in question, though. Mind sending an email to pro /a tri.be with a set of admin credentials / a link to this thread / the Facebook API credentials? We won’t change anything on your site beyond attempting to import an event. Mostly this is to see your configuration and try to recreate locally.

Thanks!

pb

thank you Rob. I have sent the email with all the info.

Rob

Thanks PB! Just wanted to give you a heads up that I’ve received your email and will be digging into it / responding today. Joyce, who you began this exchange with above, is unfortunately no longer with us. But I’ll be happy to help get this resolved for you and will be in touch this afternoon once I’ve had time to try and figure this out. Thanks for your patience so far.

Rob

Hi again Paula. I did some digging into this today and can confirm that something is definitely at play on your site. I see you noted above that you’ve taken the deactivation route for plugins and themes…can you confirm that in doing so you also deactivated your other Facebook-related plugin on there (Facebook Page Photo Gallery)? It does seem likely that a conflict is what’s at play here but if you can confirm on that and it’s still a problem, I will get the lead dev for this plugin to take a look and respond directly.

If you’d also be so kind as to send over a specific event URL to the email you’d exchanged with previously, we’ll try the individual event import route on our end too. Thanks for your patience so far.

pb

Hi Rob
    that is correct. I disabled all plugins and changed the theme to the default WP theme. Also I tried importing a single event and no luck but here is an event id 187281211405937. thanks for your help.

Rob

Thanks Paula. Just a heads up that I am seeing this same issue and am looking into it further with the devs; I’m out much of this morning but will be back in touch this afternoon with a suggestion.

Can you confirm, in the interim, that updating to the 1.0.2 build didn’t have any impact? We improved the code quite a bit there so it’s possible this issue was fixed for you with that.

pb

Hi Rob
    just updated both plugins and still no luck. when I try to upload a single event I get the following error:
    “Either the event with ID 114271878723170 does not exist, is marked as private on Facebook or we couldn’t reach the Facebook API”
    the event is public. I tried putting in my own App ID and using the default. thanks for your help.

Rob

Thanks Paula. I’ve recreated your settings pretty much exactly, and weirdly everything related to this account is working fine: both events import without issue (without using the App ID; just plugging in the username on Settings), and I see all the available events to import on the IMPORT FB EVENTS screen.

I’ve asked our dev Paul to take a look, as I’m out of ideas here, and he’ll be replying directly shortly. Please leave the backend credentials you previously provided active while he takes a look (we won’t change anything without asking you first).

If you can, I’d say go ahead and update WordPress + your theme, since I see updates are available for both, and it’d be good to get those current in the off-chance they have bearing here. Thanks again for your continued patience on this. Please let me know what else I can do in the interim.

Rob

Hi again Paula. After some troubleshooting this morning with our dev – in which he too was able to import your events without issue – we’re of the belief that this is being caused by a server configuration issue. Possibly that the site is blocking remote HTTP requests or something similar. Who is your web host? Do you have a contact there who you can check with to confirm if remote HTTP requests are being processed or blocked?

Rob

Hey there Paula. Just wanted to follow-up on this one again, as I haven’t heard from you since my post last week. Any thoughts or additional questions arise as a result of that? Let me know if so, and we’ll do what we can to get you what you need.

pb

hi Rob my apologies for taking so long to reply. I was in contact with the host and they say they are not blocking HTTP request and are not seeing any errors. his question to me was –Can logging be increased for the plugin in question (debug) ?
    I have updated wordpress and the plugins – not sure what to do next??

Rob

Hey there PB. Thanks for the follow-up; glad to know the host has confirmed that they’re all set here. Did updating to the latest builds – 2.0.9 for The Events Calendar/PRO, and 1.0.2 for Facebook – rectify this at all? Is the behavior still the same even with the new code?

Rob

Just following up again, PB. Let me know if you need anything else from us on this – if the issue does still persist and we aren’t able to make much progress, please let me know so we can see about getting a refund processed for you. Thanks for your patience so far.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Events not importing into The Events Calendar’ is closed to new replies.