Facebook events not importing

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook events not importing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ben Davies
    Participant

Hi,

Facebook events for this website use to work fine until about a month ago. I asked the client and they hadn’t changed any age or country restrictions. They also gave me Facebook admin privileges and I wasn’t able to see any restrictions either.

On the import page we have this error:
    Events from are not importing because Facebook has returned an error, “Unsupported get request.” That error is usually due to an age or country restriction in that Facebook Page’s settings, please see our Facebook API Errors article for options to resolve this.

How can we know if Facebook has enforced an age restriction? Is there anything else we can check to fix it?

Cheers
    Dean

Hunter

Hey Dean,

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, the Facebook API doesn’t allow our Facebook Events plugin to import events marked with certain restrictions. Additionally, I’m not really sure as to how you might go about checking to see if the event creator marked the event as such.

This Stackoverflow conversation does a good job of explaining what’s going on. I’m honestly not sure if it’s possible, but it might be an idea worth adding to our UserVoice Feature Ideas if it hasn’t been already.

I hope this answers your question and I know it’s not the ideal response, but feel free to follow up with any additional questions or comments you might have. Thanks again.

Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook events not importing’ is closed to new replies.