Facebook events failing to import…

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook events failing to import…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    naturesmediateam
    Participant

As seems to be the case for many others, I cannot import Facebook events – either manually, or automatically – despite following all available instructions by the book.

I’ve created a Facebook App on my manager account for our page, to no apparent avail.

I cannot find any event specific privacy settings, but our page is set for 13+ (everyone).

https://www.facebook.com/eatwelllivebetter

An example of an event that fails to import is:

https://www.facebook.com/events/350327371739511/?ref=22

I would like to get this sorted out as soon as possible, so I look forward to hearing from you guys – I love the calendar!

Ryan
    -Nature’s Media Team

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Ryan,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I’m able to import the event just fine so it must be something on your end. First try deactivating all other plugins and also try switching to default WordPress theme. If that doesn’t do anything, can you find out what type of server you are on and the version of PHP/MySQL? And just to confirm, you are running 1.0.5 of the Facebook plugin correct?

Thanks,
    Jonah

naturesmediateam
    Participant

Hi Jonah.

Thank you for the response. I can tell you the following details:

Website Platform
    Wordpress version: 3.5.1
    MySQL version: 5.5.9
    PHP version: 5.3.4

Server
    Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
    Web server: IIS: 7.0 with FastCGI

I can also say that I have deactivated other plugins. However, the curious thing is that this error only came up recently. It worked fine about a month ago.

I am running version 1.0.5

I have not tried switching to another theme yet. Perhaps I’ll give that a shot.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Ryan,

Before I create a ticket for this it’d be helpful to know that it’s not the theme either. That’s my hunch but it’d be good to know for certain.

Thanks,
    Jonah

naturesmediateam
    Participant

Hi Jonah.

Changed the theme, no dice.

I’m going to need a ticket submitted for this one if possible. I’m not sure what else to try.

Thanks!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Ryan,

Sure thing. I just created a ticket and we’ll try to get this resolved for you ASAP. Stay tuned.

– Jonah

Timothy Wood
    Participant

Hey Ryan,
    I’m one of the devs on the team. So digging in, I am wondering if you are receiving any sort of notification to the import either failing or success? Specifically for the manual imports. I have stepped through a manual import of the provided event and see nothing on FB or our end that would prevent the import properly.

If you have access to your PHP logs it would be great if you run the import again, look in the logs for any activity during that time and if anything pops up send that along to us so I can review this in further detail.

Cheers,
    Tim

naturesmediateam
    Participant

This reply is private.

Erik
    Participant

I have had the same problem. Everything worked great until switching from my development site to my live site. Same server, same version of every plug-in. Updated license at it is verified.

Erik
    Participant

The error that I am getting on ie is “The page is not available”. This is with the manual downloading.

Timothy Wood
    Participant

Ryan, thank you for the follow up. If it\’s not too much trouble please contact our support group privately at [email protected] with your server access credentials and I can take a look personally at the server and run some debugging to see what may be causing the block by FB on importing.

Erik, it sounds like there may be a php error that you are experiencing if you are getting a \”page not available\” error – I am assuming that is the whole page not just the status message during manual import? It would be helpful in your case to enable WP_DEBUG in order to see if there are any php errors preventing the import.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Ryan,

Our developer was able to take a look at your setup and could not detect anything specific that would be causing these issues. Unfortunately at this time there is not much more we can do to help troubleshoot things. We do have a new release of the Facebook plugin coming out alongside our 3.0 release which may resolve these issues for you. Once that is released we’d like you to try upgrading and see if that fixes things and then report back here with the results.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Regards,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Closing this out as it’s been a while since there’s been a reply. Feel free to open another thread if you have additional comments.

Regards,
    Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook events failing to import…’ is closed to new replies.