Facebook Events Fail to Auto Import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Events Fail to Auto Import

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    gpsheather
    Participant

Hi,
    I can’t seem to get the auto import feature to work. The manual import worked perfectly, but when I posted a new event to the group’s Facebook page last night, it didn’t import. I have it set to auto-import every hour, but nothing seems to happen.
    The login is:stanielcay and the password:yachtclub to access the site.
    Just in case it was causing some sort of timing conflict, I created an entirely new Facebook app just for this plugin this morning, and still nothing.
    You’ll find the event list at: http://gpshost.com/scyc/events/
    Any suggestions would be very welcome!
    Heather

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Heather,

Please don’t post login information here in the forums. It’s not guaranteed to be secure. I would change your password now. You can email the new one to pro [at] tri [dot] be referencing this thread and attn. to me.

Are these past events or future events? Past events will not auto import no matter what you do. What is the Facebook account you are importing from?

Thanks,
    Jonah

gpsheather
    Participant

Thanks, Jonah.
    The event in question is a future event (this Sunday, the 17th). The Facebook account is StanielCay -> http://www.facebook.com/stanielcay

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Heather,

Sorry for the delayed response in getting back to you on this. We did release a new version of the Facebook plugin last week. Have you updated to 1.0.5 and does this help with the issue you are experiencing?

– Jonah

gpsheather
    Participant

Hi Jonah,
    Sorry for the delay, I’ve been traveling. I’ve done as you suggested, and an event created this morning has yet to import, although the import setting does request hourly imports. Could you please advise when you have a moment?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Heather,

Please try deactivating all other plugins to see if there’s a conflict going on. Also, can you tell me anything about your hosting environment (type of server, version of PHP, etc)?

Thanks,
    Jonah

gpsheather
    Participant

Hi Jonah,
    All plugins except for The Events Calendar: Facebook Events and The Events Calendar have been deactivated and the theme switched to Twenty Eleven for over a week.
    This site is hosted through Bluehost, the version of PHP is 5.3.22, the server is running Apache version 2.2.23 and the OS is linux. This is probably irrelevant, but the MySQL version is 5.5.30-log and the architecture of the server is x86_64.
    Hope that helps!
    Heather

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Heather,

Sorry for the delay in response in getting back to you on this. I was waiting for the auto import to go through for me too and was running into some issues getting it to work locally but it seems to work good now. Just to verify, you said you did create a Facebook App ID and plug this into the plugin settings? If not please follow the instructions here: https://theeventscalendar.com/how-to-create-a-facebook-app-id/

If that doesn’t work I’ll need to create a ticket for our developer to take a look at this.

– Jonah

gpsheather
    Participant

Hi Jonah,
    Yes, please open a ticket on this! I’m sure you’re busy, but the clock is ticking on this one for me.
    Just to confirm, I did create a Facebook App ID and plug the settings into the plugin when I installed it over a week ago.
    Heather

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Heather,

Alright, I’m going to get a dev to take a look at this. Sorry again for the delay. Please stay tuned.

gpsheather
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Heather,

I’m sorry to hear that and I’m sorry we couldn’t get this resolved sooner for you. Please email pro [at] tri [dot] be with your receipt and request and someone should be able to help you from there.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Events Fail to Auto Import’ is closed to new replies.