Facebook events don't import automaticly

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook events don't import automaticly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Rene
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m using the Facebook Event add-on at http://www.stadscafedebasiliek.nl.
    Today my customer reached out to me because his Facebook events don’t show on his website. When checking that I found out that de events do import in the plugin, however they are not automaticly passed to the website.

The reason I bought your add-on is because it suppose to have the auto import function. Sow I don’t have to think about getting the events on Facebook AND the website.

When I go to the option; ‘Import: Facebook’ the event shows without the checkmark left from it. I know that when i check that box the event will appear on my website, but I want it to appear automaticly.

Can you help me out here?

Best wishes,
    Rene

Geoff

Hi there, Rene! Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the trouble here. Let’s see if we can figure this out together. 🙂

First off, will you please check to see that imported events are indeed set to automatically publish? Head over to Events > Settings > Facebook from the WordPress dashboard, and confirm that the default status for imported events under “Import Settings” is set to published. If it isn’t, please set it, save your changes and see if that makes a difference.

Let’s start there and see what we find. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

James
    Participant

I am having the same issue. Eventually it did import an event. However it is sporadic and I am being told it is my environment but I tested on other environments with the same results.

Please keep me apprised of the solutions. I’d love the ability to call upon a script, php file or something to trigger myself automatically through my creating a cron job other then the wp-cron. This would be a great solution.

Rene
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your reply,
    I checked the settings you mentioned and they are all right. I switched the ‘default status’ to ‘draft’ and then back to ‘published’.

Now I have to wait for my customer to add an event on Facebook so I can test it.
    I’ll get in touch with you by this forum when a new event is added.

Thanks so far…

Geoff

Awesome, thanks Rene! Please do keep me posted here.

If the issue still pops up, let me know and also send me a link to the Facebook page (you can post it in a private reply) that is being used and I’ll test from that angle as well.

Cheers!
    Geoff

James
    Participant

Geoff My plug in is working. I did a few things that may help. Do you have any other auto importing or backup occurring? I had Postie for post to email and I changed it to trigger manually then created a remote cron to trigger it. I also created a cron to trigger the wp-cron.php every 15 minutes as this only triggers when there is traffic. By doing this from what I have read I ensure the importer and other cron jobs run as scheduled.

I updated the FB importer tot he latest yesterday and reentered all my settings including the newer FB App ID and it started working well.

Geoff

Thanks for chiming in here, James! Glad plugin is working for you again. 🙂

Rene, if the issue still pops up, feel free to give James’ suggestions a shot as well to see if that helps sort things out.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Rene
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your reply.

To be honest; I’m not realy into the cron-job and PHP stuff (yet), so I don’t have any idea where to look to give James’ suggestions a try.

I think it’s best to wait for my customer to add an event on Facebook. Then I can see if the problem is resolved (or not) and plan new actions from there.

Rene

Geoff

That sounds good, thanks Rene! Please keep me posted and we’ll see what we find. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hi Rene! This thread’s been quiet for a couple of weeks, so I’m going to go ahead and close it. Please feel free to start a new thread if any other questions pop up here and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook events don't import automaticly’ is closed to new replies.