Facebook Events Continuity

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Events Continuity

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nitin
    Participant

Hi Team

Is there any plans to continue Facebook Events plugin? I’d prefer to continue using current Facebook plugin as hosted solution. Having additional cap as number of pages to be configured will be another overhead. Point is I’d setup 300 pages for import, which will further have max 10 events on a particular day.

I don’t need a SaaS solution and would rather rely on self hosted solution.

Thanks
    Nitin

media325
    Participant

My thought and sentiments exactly. Currently importing events from almost 400 Facebook pages.

The new Event Aggregator looks interesting and would be a tool I’d be interested in specifically because it can import multiple events from FB groups and individuals. That said it doesn’t include all of the features that Facebook importer does, specifically importing events from multiple FB pages at once.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by media325.
    Cliff

Hi. Thanks for sharing your feedback about Event Aggregator (EA).

One of the reasons to move to a SaaS sort of setup is because of so many users reporting issues handling this many imports and having to fix each bug on multiple levels (low budget servers, old versions of PHP, issues with WP’s cron, etc).

At EA’s launch, we chose to launch allowing 100 imports per day (not 100 events). Both of you obviously would be over this if you enter 101+ Facebook URLs and only chose to import from each once per day… Our management team will be offering higher-capacity plans in the near future (unknown time frame but not too far in the future).

Since EA is the way of the future, Facebook Importer will not be receiving new features and will not be continued.

I’d suggest both of you add votes to existing ideas and new ideas to EA’s feature request forum.

I hope these details help.

===

Nitin, if you need specific assistance, please let me know how I can help further here.

media325, please create your own thread if you need assistance with a specific issue.

Thanks to you both for sticking with us through this transition! We do appreciate your business and hear your feedback.

Nitin
    Participant

Thanks Cliff. Can I expect backward compatibility for facebook events plugin. If yes, then for how long? Do you have plans for removing the existing code for facebook events from TEC plugin?

Cliff

I’d guess (definitely no guarantees) that EA will support migration from legacy products for several months if not a year because sometimes people can be slow to adopt changes to a new product.

However, I’d also like to think that EA will continue to vastly improve over the legacy FB Importer, and, for your sake, implement features you’d like to see.

To be clear, the legacy importers won’t be getting development love like EA will be so the benefit-gap will continue to widen over time, making EA that much more appealing to the masses (and hopefully to you).

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Events Continuity’ is closed to new replies.