Facebook Events API – Import Limit

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Events API – Import Limit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tkwalker
    Participant

I currently have a total of 348 Facebook pages loaded into my Settings for the plugin and this completely shuts the system down. It appears there is a limit to the number of pages the plugin can accept. Here is what happens when I click on Import:Facebook:
    1. I can see the server attempting to run the script. This happens for about 5 mins before I receive this error: http://screencast.com/t/R3Wvpqx7ztcx
    2. But when I delete all the pages except 10, it works just fine.
    What are the current limitations on this plugin? My objective is to simply add as many as 500 pages and fetch events from those pages. Is this not the purpose of this plugin?
    TK

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi TK,

I can help you out here.

Do you think it is possible you are running into PHP Timeout Limit and do you think you can increase it to cover the script.

I would think the limit is based not only on our function doing the importing, but also the resources available for the script so I do not have a hard limit for you.

Is this not the purpose of this plugin?

I am not sure if this is not the purpose, but I would think it is far from the typical case scenario.

tkwalker
    Participant

Increasing the PHP Timeout Limit seem to be the fix. Since I have it setup to update weekly, when does this cron job run?

Brian
    Keymaster

Sounds good about the timeout.

It will run exactly one week from when you set it.

So if I set it to run Monday at 8am, it will first run the following Monday at 8am.

That is true for all the frequencies they first run after the time period chosen. So if you choose hourly it runs one hour after saving, twice daily runs 12 hours after saving, etc..

Does that make sense?

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Events API – Import Limit’ is closed to new replies.