Facebook Event URL should be the default URL for the event

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Event URL should be the default URL for the event

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey all! I recently imported my first event, and it took the Organizers Facebook page as the event url.

It would be cooler to have a checkbox, to select whether to import the Event URL as the Facebook Page/Profile URL, or the actual Facebook Event URL.

Providing the marketing to the Facebook Event is part of what I want to offer.

Let’s say this event organizer Profile has some sketchy stuff, I’d rather just link to the Facebook Event URL.

Cheers/Seth

Anonymous
    Inactive

Update on this… seems like it should import as priority

• Facebook Event Organizer -> Organizer
    • Facebook Event URL -> Event URL

If there are multiple Profiles & Pages that are listed as the Organizer, select the first Page as the Event Organizer, and import those details.

Barry

Hi Seth,

We’re definitely open to feedback and ideas for improvement/new functionality – and the best place to share these sorts of things is on our UserVoice page, where other users can upvote and comment on suggestions:

tribe.uservoice.com

Hey all! I recently imported my first event, and it took the Organizers Facebook page as the event url.

I’m curious about this, as I didn’t think our Facebook Importer set the event URL at all (though I could certainly be missing something) – can you point me to an example of one such imported event and the corresponding Facebook event?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sure, I used this example as a boilerplate

https://www.facebook.com/events/650125518420796/

http://augustanightlife.com/event/extreme-theatre-games-improv-comedy-on-first-friday/
    that’s the event that was imported.

There’s a “Tickets Link” on the Event page *facebook link* – so, neither this nor the Event link from Facebook is populating as the “Event Website” field for The Events Calendar with this add-on.

I received an email to move this to feature requests, but it seems more like a bug than a feature request, to me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you’re importing an Event from a Facebook Event, it’s safe to assume that the Facebook URL is a good Event URL – to me. On the FB event there should be enough info to find the website of the hosting company, and to buy tickets, so the Facebook Event URL seems like the best fit for the “Event Website” field in TEC

Barry

Thanks for clarifying!

So the URL you are referring to is the organizer URL rather than the event URL (which is why it is listed in the organizer column) – and to my mind therefore the importer is behaving in the correct and proper way here, I don’t feel we can treat that as a bug.

Should it additionally set the source page on Facebook as the event URL? That definitely isn’t a bad idea at all – but it’s something we’d have to add. We’d be happy to do so, but that is the reason I categorize it as a feature request rather than a bug to be fixed.

If you want to go ahead and post a request that would be awesome (feel free to share the link here so others can vote on it – that just helps us to better prioritize these kinds of thing) and/or this snippet or an adaptation of it might help in the interim:

http://pastebin.com/NhZ9bkZB

Anonymous
    Inactive

ok, thanks for the snippet, I added it in as a feature request

Barry

Fantastic, thanks for doing that 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Event URL should be the default URL for the event’ is closed to new replies.