Facebook Event Imports repeating

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Event Imports repeating

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

Since either the FB change in RSS or the update to the plugin we have been duplicating all events being imported to our calendar. I left some of the duplications up. The site is linncountygop.org. There have been no other changes to the site since these updates and FB RSS feed changes occurred.

Josh
    Participant

Hey James,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

The Facebook event duplication has been one of this issues that pops up from time to time that we’ve really struggled to nail down the cause on. For your events:

1. Do you notice that all of your events are duplicating on import?
    2. or is it happening from a single Facebook page?
    3. Are you in control of the pages where you’re importing events from?
    4. If so, do the events go through multiple rounds of revision, getting minor updates after the original event has been posted?
    5. Have you tried disabling the other Facebook related plugins on your site temporarily such as any sharing plugins or autopublish plugins?

I apologize for the inconvenience of this issue, hopefully these will help us to figure out what may be happening on your site particularly with these events repeating.

Thanks!

James
    Participant

1.Do you notice that all of your events are duplicating on import?

I have not added any since I noticed it.

2.or is it happening from a single Facebook page?

We only sync with a single facebook page

3.Are you in control of the pages where you’re importing events from?

Yes
    4.If so, do the events go through multiple rounds of revision, getting minor updates after the original event has been posted? Generally no I did not know you could revise them. If you do will it update them?

5.Have you tried disabling the other Facebook related plugins on your site temporarily such as any sharing plugins or autopublish plugins? Yes but this si not the issue it worked fin until the recent update on your side I believe.

James
    Participant

Actually going through the calendar I see then duplicating way through June. So I am going to delete the duplicates and then create one test event. and watch what happens. If I do not see any duplication say in a few hours I will make one change and watch what happens.

James
    Participant

The event I created is actually not a test event but a real event. You can see it on our FB fan page here is the link

https://www.facebook.com/events/880390501996878/

It has not replicated yet.

Josh
    Participant

Hey James,

Thanks for following up with us.

So the latest event appears to be only syncing up once as expected? Was there any other change made other than just deleting the other events?

I’ll leave this thread open for now. Let me know if the issue persists.

Thanks!

James
    Participant

Okay so I did make one change and that change did not sync. I did not think it was supposed too. Is this correct? Otherwise it is not duplicating the sync.

Josh
    Participant

Hey James,

That is correct. The Facebook events currently don’t sync when updating.

Awesome! I’ll continue to leave this open for a few more days in case the duplication pops back up.

Thanks!

James
    Participant

Okay I think it is cleared up… weird. Perhaps the overwriting of an event that ahs been updated would be a good feature

Josh
    Participant

Hey James,

Awesome! That is something that we do have logged as something we would like to add, however I believe there have been some limitations with the Facebook API in the past for this.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread.

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Event Imports repeating’ is closed to new replies.