Facebook event duplication / multiplication

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook event duplication / multiplication

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rachel Reed
    Participant

When we could still utilize Facebook to pull events from, it pulled the events sure, but it multiplied each event and put it on almost every single day of the month, over and over again. HELP! Do I have to manually remove all of these? I have about 30 events a day for each day of the month that are not right.

Please advise. First, why did it do it in the first place? Also, how can I get rid of them painlessly?

Thanks

thelakecountrymom.com/events

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for reaching out!

I’m really sorry to hear about this major duplication issue. I would be happy to help you sort this out.

Can you point me to an event that is like this?

What you can do here to deal with it faster is:

• try our free Advanced Post Manager plugin which will give you better filtering options for your events on the back-end
    • Select all events that are duplicated and delete them / put them on the ignored list
    • go to the ignored list and select the ones (one from every event) that you want to unignore

(Note, imported events don’t go to the trash, they go on the ignored list.)

Something else:

I have checked this one: http://thelakecountrymom.com/lcevent/meijer-free-first-thursday-8/2017-12-07/

On that the issue is that it is set up like this:

• It is a multi-day event starting on December 7, 2017 and goes till September 6, 2018
    • This multi-day event is repeating once every month
    • As a result you will have a multi-day (about 9 month long) event repeating monthly.

I’m not sure how this is supposed to look like. My hunch is it’s a one day thing once per month. So to fix this just edit the event and set the end date to the same day as the start date. For example December 7. And then the recurrence rules will take care of creating the rest, one event every month.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook event duplication / multiplication’ is closed to new replies.