Facebook Duplicate Events After Update

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Duplicate Events After Update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Joanna
    Participant

After the plugin update, I started getting a lot of facebook import duplicate events. event event-2 event-3
    I use the setting “Full Styles’

Please help. Before the update this never happened.
    Also, some of the imports aren’t importing at all

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/duplicate-events-some-facebook-sources/

Joanna
    Participant

This reply is private.

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Joanna,

Thanks for reaching out. 🙂 Hopefully this quick fix will work for you:

Try installing this cleanup utility (plugin) below, with the following instructions:

So please go ahead and install the clean up plugin. Once that’s activated navigate to Events > Settings > General and find the Duplicate Recurring Events button. Cleanup takes a long time and its possible you’ll need to re-run it if things time out on your site, but it should work (it did for us running against your db).

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Shelby 🙂

Joanna
    Participant

This reply is private.

Shelby
    Participant

This reply is private.

Joanna
    Participant

This reply is private.

Shelby
    Participant

This reply is private.

Joanna
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Joanna,

We deployed a fix for what we thought was the core issue behind the problem you described just recently and some further Event Aggregator related fixes went out today 🙂

Can you confirm you are using the latest version of The Events Calendar and that you are still experiencing the problem?

Thanks!

Joanna
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Joanna,

I’m sorry first of all for the long delay in responding. Does this continue to be an issue (I see you are using the latest version of The Events Calendar which is great and additional fixes have rolled out since my last update)?

If you are, could you leave a couple of examples on your site and link me to them and also provide the corresponding Facebook URL?

Thank you!

Joanna
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks, Joanna.

Can you share (by private reply):

• A Facebook URL you are importing from that results in the duplicated venues
    • Though you noted this earlier in the exchange, can you confirm what your global and Facebook-specific settings are (from the Events ‣ Settings ‣ Imports screen)?

Thank you!

Joanna
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Joanna,

Just a note that I’m running some tests locally: if you can wait a little longer I’ll be able to give a more substantive update 🙂

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Duplicate Events After Update’ is closed to new replies.