Facebook Cover Photos

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Cover Photos

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    spottedinely
    Participant

We import lots of events on a regular basis, however it has to come to our attention why some cover images from event import and others don’t.

I created an event with a PNG cover and this wouldn’t import, got an error which included a .jpg issue. I then changed the cover to a JPG file and it uploads with no issues.

Sadly, we don’t create many of the events we import and therefore have no control over file types so is there a workaround.

The site and server both upload PNG without issues.

Barry

Hi – I’m sorry you’ve been hitting difficulties but thank you for digging into this.

I’d have thought there would be little difference in this regard between the two image formats – and wonder if a different issue may be at play and just happens to coincide with the use of jpegs. Would you be able to share a sample event and a note of the actual error message you are seeing?

Barry

…please also note I’ve moved this thread from pre-sales to the Facebook Events forum. However, the thread URL should remain the same and you should still receive email updates (if you subscribed to follow-up replies).

spottedinely
    Participant

Hi Barry, I have set up a test event with a PNG cover image. The event ID is 664838793605449, the event imported however I got the following error:

The following errors have occurred during importing images:
    Could not successfully import the image for unknown reasons.
    Please note that this does not effect importing of associated events unless noted.
    Facebook API Error: Unsupported get request. Please read the Graph API documentation at https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api

However, I did try with JPG and no problems

spottedinely
    Participant

Update, I retried the PNG and it worked on the 4th attempt!!

spottedinely
    Participant

Here is one that just refuses to work with an error. The ID of the event is: 659195187509114
    The error: Family Disco & Entertainment – Littleport Fun Day Committee /Joanne Coe. Event Image Error: “10564995_10204407519766370_1642469620258299021_n.jpg?oh=8c3ab36813ae7725d8f6e04148592482&oe=5462CA10&__gda__=1416848751_ea3f383ab73efa2c661c1fb3de4e0e38” is not a valid image.

Barry

Ah, gotcha!

Though that is definitely a pain it’s something we’ve already got on the radar and we hope to turn out a fix soon. The problem isn’t that the image is jpeg as such, but rather it’s because of the extra information following the .jpg file extension.

Unfortunately, at present, that extra stuff (oh=8c3ab36813ae772…) is not being stripped out and that makes WordPress think it is dealing with some unknown filetype. It does seem to happen that this often occurs with jpeg format images though that may be nothing more than coincidence.

At any rate, this basically boils down to an oversight in our existing plugin code: please know that we are in the process of fixing this and we’ll do our best to keep you posted by updating this thread as things move along.

Thanks again for your patience 🙂

sesumiloa
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Absolutely. What I’ll do (simply to avoid the thread being “hijacked” and derailed as can occasionally happen) is close this topic for the time being – but as before we’ll do our best to re-open and post updates as soon as we have something to report.

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We weren’t able to get to it for our upcoming 3.8 release, but it is still very much on the radar. We hope to have it fixed in an upcoming release, and we will do our best to keep you posted on our progress. Thanks for your patience and support!

Best,
    Leah
    and the team at Modern Tribe

Leah

Hello,

I just wanted to update you here and let you know that we have a fix for the issue you reported in our upcoming release. Thank you for bringing it to our attention! Keep an eye out for an update coming soon. If you are still experiencing issues after the update, please start a new thread and we’d be happy to look into it. Thank you for your patience and support while we got this corrected.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Cover Photos’ is closed to new replies.