Facebook cover images not posting on all events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook cover images not posting on all events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Craig Davidiuk
    Participant

I have the default view of the calendar set to “photo”. The plugin displays facebook cover images for about 5 out of 40 events. I don’t understand why. Anyone have some feedback for me on how to resolve?

Nico

Hi there Craig,

Thanks so much for reaching out to us on this!

What you describe might be related to a known bug in Event Aggregator. The bug is about featured image not getting imported from Facebook when Events Calendar PRO is active in the site. So to find out if this is what’s affecting the site please follow these steps:

– Do the imported events have a featured image set? Are those with featured images not showing in photo view but the images displaying in the single event view?
    – If you deactive Events Calendar PRO and re-run the imports, Do the images get imported?
    – Does this happen as well when using the Tweenty Sixteen theme?

Please let me know about those questions,
    Best,
    Nico

Craig Davidiuk
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply!
    Sorry I’m not much of a tech guy.

The events that are showing a cover image have the featured image set.

I deleted all the other themes from my account. So no I didn’t try that.

how do I make the events calendar plugin work if I disable it? The only way to display the view I want is to enable pro version. When I do disable the pro version it shows the shortcode for the pro plugin and no calendar.

Craig Davidiuk
    Participant

And now that I have disabled pro plugin and tried to turn it back on, it won’t display the calendar at all. Help!

Craig Davidiuk
    Participant

Ok got the pro plugin working. Phew. I panicked. Sorry.

Craig Davidiuk
    Participant

OK so when I preview the theme in 2016, the issue persists.

Nico

Thanks for following up Craig!

how do I make the events calendar plugin work if I disable it? The only way to display the view I want is to enable pro version. When I do disable the pro version it shows the shortcode for the pro plugin and no calendar.

Sorry, I was not aware that you were using the PRO shortcodes to display the calendar! Also it’s not possible to use photo view without PRO. I was referring to disable PRO and try the import. After that, re-enable PRO and check if that worked.

The events that are showing a cover image have the featured image set.

I assume that the ones that are not showing the picture actually don’t have a featured image set, right?

Seems like you are being affected by the bug I mentioned in my first reply šŸ™

Please let me know about the suggested test,
    Best,
    Nico

Craig Davidiuk
    Participant

HI Nico. The events that are displaying blank do not have a featured image.

I don’t get how to “re-run” imports. I manually entered in over 50 facebook event urls. I don’t plan to do that again.

Nico

Thanks for confirming Craig!

I’m sure you are being affected by the bug I previously mentioned. I’ve added your case to the internal report so you can get notified when this is fixed.

As for re-running the imports, if they were one-time imports then you’ll need to recreate those unfortunately šŸ™ but if they are scheduled imports you can re-run them from the ‘Scheduled Imports’ tab in the import section.

Thanks for the patience while we work this issue out,
    Best,
    Nico

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to share the news that a fix has finally arrived for these issuesā€”featured images should import without issue now.

Grab the 4.3.4 update from today to get this bug fix. Learn more about the 4.3.4 release here.

Thanks so much for your patience!

Cheers,
    George

Nico

Hey,

Looks like you marked George’s reply as the correct answer so I’ll go ahead and close out this thread. If you need help with anything else please donā€™t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Craig Davidiuk
    Participant

I updated before starting to import 35 events today. It doesn’t work. I had to manually attach all 35 facebook covers.

Nico

This reply is private.

Barbara
    Participant

any news on fix for facebook images not importing?

Nico

Hey Barbara,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the hassle with facebook images šŸ™

Iā€™m truly sorry to inform there seems to be a new bug affecting this functionality. Hopefully the fix will come in next maintenance release in approximately two weeks time (although this might change itā€™s the current plan) ?

We will be posting a heads-up here when the fix is released or when there’s more info.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook cover images not posting on all events’ is closed to new replies.