Facebook Cover Image

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Cover Image

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nitin
    Participant

Hi Team

Can someone pls explain me the technical limitation for not integrating this code in your latest release 3.2 (right now).

https://gist.github.com/codearachnid/5371606
    I’d made this changes in 3.0 and everytime I update my plugins, I need to change get_facebook_photo function, which is working as of now. Risk I’m carrying is, this solution may not work tomorrow and is not getting through the eyes of this plugin developer for further maintenance.

Hope this fix will solve some purpose for most of the users.

Regards
    Nitin

Barry

Hi Nitin:

My understanding is that the approach taken in the Gist you referenced relies on an undocumented API call and though Facebook Events had very similar code was in place at one point we had to revise it because of inconsistent results for our users. At the time this method was last revised – quite recently – we followed what we though was the best strategy as per Facebook’s API documentation at that time.

So that’s the reasoning behind this, but we can certainly consider further revisions as we move forward.

Nitin
    Participant

Thanks Berry. It clarifies lods. However, I’d prefer to stick to the solution given, till it works. Else I’ll move back to standard solution.

Thanks
    Nitin

Barry

Sure: I’ll go ahead and close this thread now but you can of course contact us about this again at any point should that be necessary.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Cover Image’ is closed to new replies.