Facebook Auto-Importing multiple copies of events, bad directions import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Auto-Importing multiple copies of events, bad directions import

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jakub
    Participant

Hi 🙂

Before I start, thank you guys for best plugins ever!!!

I am having two problems (www.potkavejmese.cz):

1. When I allow auto-import in Facebook ad-on, I get at first time everithing I want. It means, all events are correct. But, 2-5 hrs later I get multiple copies of one event. You can see check it – http://www.poktavejmese.cz

2. Sometimes, when I import an event, it goes directly to all events, but without the location. Event is there between others, but just in image or list view…it means, you cant find it on the map, or you cant search it. Everytime I have to go to the locations, find the exact location for the event and even there is everithing right i must re-publish or add country or any column and re-publish (sometimes 6x times) to show the event on the map. Why is that? What can I do?

3. The last one is the question, depends the speed of the plugin also on the theme? Can I somwhere get the theme you have got in Demo? How it is with seo, is the plugin optimized?

Thank you so much!

Geoff

Hey there, Jakub–thanks for reaching out and for the kind words! I’m stoked to hear you’re enjoying the plugins. 🙂

Good questions and thanks for separating them neatly. Let’s try to hit them one at a time.

1. When I allow auto-import in Facebook ad-on, I get at first time everithing I want. It means, all events are correct. But, 2-5 hrs later I get multiple copies of one event

I’ve seen similar reports of this pop up from time to time.

We haven’t been able to reproduce the issue ourselves, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. However, because of the complexity of testing the issue, would it be possible for you to create a separate test site in a subdirectory on your server and follow the steps outlined in this thread?

Let’s start there and see what we find.

2. Sometimes, when I import an event, it goes directly to all events, but without the location.

If the event isn’t displayed in Map View, that either means there is no address on the event or that the Google Maps API was unable to verify the address.Please check to make sure an address was imported with the event and that it is correct and verified.

3. Can I somwhere get the theme you have got in Demo? How it is with seo, is the plugin optimized?

Sure thing! You can download the WP Shindig theme here. The theme itself was developed purely to be a demo for The Events Calendar, but the plugin itself does a good job of handling SEO for events. You can certainly customize the theme to enhance it in any other way you see fit. 🙂

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Howdy Jakub! It’s been a while since I’ve heard from you, so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. Please feel free to open a new one if any other questions come up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Auto-Importing multiple copies of events, bad directions import’ is closed to new replies.