Facebook API Error: Unsupported get request.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook API Error: Unsupported get request.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    joe farwell
    Participant

I’ve created a new Facebook APP and secret ID and I get “Facebook API Error: Unsupported get request.” when visiting The Facebook Import page .

Please advise

Barry

This can happen at times if the page name relates to a page, organization or person that for instance has some association with adult or restricted content, or where its privacy settings stop the importer from accessing it.

Can you share a note of the page you are trying to import from (as a private reply if you prefer)?

joe farwell
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks for sharing – so I see the same thing when I try to use that page ID and I suspect the problem is as I described (unless the page owner has somehow configured things to restrict this). For instance if you add a pagename like OldBoldPilots to your Facebook settings you should find by comparison that there is no such problem.

Realistically I don’t think there is too much we can do in a situation like this although, if you haven’t already done so (but are able to), you may wish to generate an app key and secret using the same Facebook account which owns that page – Facebook may then facilitate those requests.

Does that clarify things?

joe farwell
    Participant

So you’re saying that since the Facebook account has “age sensitive material” (which it doesn’t) that your plugin doesn’t work. If there is no way to import our events from Facebook to our website using your plugin than I kindly ask for a full refund.

Barry

So you’re saying that since the Facebook account has “age sensitive material” (which it doesn’t) that your plugin doesn’t work.

Well … that’s not quite what I’m saying.

What I was putting forward, bearing in mind I stated this before you shared the page name, was that some pages contain forms of content that Facebook sets restrictions upon – and it’s simply the nature of Facebook and the Facebook API that it may not be possible to import from those pages.

I’d like to be clear that I did not say the Facebook page in question actually does contain age sensitive material, nor did I say this was definitely the problem.

An alternative, though possibly less likely since this is otherwise a publicly accessible page, is that the admin/owner has imposed some restrictions.

If there is no way to import our events from Facebook to our website using your plugin than I kindly ask for a full refund.

We’d be sorry to lose you, especially as I don’t feel this is really a fault or bug in our plugin. However, if you’ve exhausted the steps I outlined in my last reply (including a test with a Facebook account we know to work and potentially contacting the page admin/researching the privacy settings if you are the page admin) and are generally unhappy with things then you’re more than welcome to request a refund:

• You can email us at pro (at) tri (dot) be
    • Please do include a link to the thread and also a copy of your purchase receipt

Thanks again for giving it a try 🙂

joe farwell
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the reply. So I changed our APP ID and APP Secret and tried putting in the page ‘OldBoldPilots’ and some events came up for that page but still got the ‘Facebook API Error: Unsupported get request.’ for the CharleysLG page.

As for privacy settings on the Facebook page CharleysLG everything is open for everyone and there are no restrictions set so I’m not sure what else to change on our Facebook page. Do you have others who have experienced this? I have no idea what to change on our current Facebook page to make this plugin actually work.

Thanks for your help

Barry

Yes it does crop up periodically – for certain Facebook pages – and based on your troubleshooting with OldBoldPilots I’m inclined to think the problem is as I have outlined. I don’t know if you are the owner or are in contact with the owner of the Facebook page itself, but you may be able to get them to make some adjustments to help things along, here. For more background, you may be interested in:

Ultimately though it’s a situation where we have to work with the framework laid down by Facebook.

Does that help or at least clarify things?

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook API Error: Unsupported get request.’ is closed to new replies.