Facebook API Error: An unknown error has occurred.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook API Error: An unknown error has occurred.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    media325
    Participant

Facebook import has stopped working as of this morning and I receive the error message as shown.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by media325.
    2pmedia
    Participant

Same here…

Shannon
    Participant

Same here:

Facebook API Error returned for [PageID]: An unknown error has occurred.

media325
    Participant

Updated to 3.11 and receive more detailed errors, but still errors. It has to do with the Facebook API https://developers.facebook.com/bugs/486654544831076/
    and the way the info is called.

Since this happens with 3.11 and it’s a known issue it’s would be nice if MT would acknowledge the issue and give us an update

Lertop
    Participant

I got the same error too.

Brook
    Participant

Thank you guys for the prompt report! I will take a look at this immediately. Going to consult with some devs and get back to you.

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Alright I have some good news and some strange news. The strange news is that Facebook appears to have broken v2.2 of their API, which our plugin uses. They state everywhere that it’s supported until 2016. It’s rare to see them break anything.

The good news is that v2.4 of their API is still working, and so our developers are already hard at work writing an upgrade to the Importer plugin that will use the newer version. If no bugs are found in the new version we’re working on, then we are set to release it later today or early tomorrow. That version will be Facebook Importer 3.11.1 and will fix this issue.

It’s also possible that in the mean time Facebook will discover their error, and restore import functionality for the current 3.11 and lower versions. Either way this will be taken care of ASAP. Thanks for letting us know about the glitch!

– Brook

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Brook.
    vinding
    Participant

Was about to post same error 🙂

Thanks Brook & Team for acting to quick on this.

Brook
    Participant

You’re welcome! We are working on QA’ing the new code. We found one bug, but it is likely to be resolved late today if not early tomorrow.

– Brook

Douglas
    Participant

FYI. Import by event id still work appropriately.

I noticed in the Graph API tool. It was getting hung up as well when trying retrieve multiple events. Something else other than version maybe going on.

Douglas
    Participant

Update. Facebook import is working this morning. Apparently Facebook has fixed the issue.

Brook
    Participant

That’s awesome Douglas. We also just launched 3.11.1 of Facebook Events. So if you are still experiencing issues, definitely upgrade the plugin in WordPress. Please let us know if you guys notice anything else.

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook API Error: An unknown error has occurred.’ is closed to new replies.