Extra random event details at bottom of event page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Extra random event details at bottom of event page

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Chris Denby
    Participant

After updating to the most recent version, our single event pages are showing an extra set of random event details at the bottom of the page that is completely unrelated to the event. Additionally, the next and previous event links are showing events long in the past instead of the correct next and previous events. I did switch to the TwentyFifteen theme and that resolved the issue, but there don’t seem to be any plugin conflicts. I’m not sure what went wrong.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Liz,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

It sounds like there may be some potential customizations made within your active theme that are now causing some conflicts. You can check this by looking into your theme files and seeing if there is a “tribe-events” folder. You could then check to see if there is a single events template in that folder overwriting the default file from the plugin.

Out of curiosity, which version of the plugin did you update from?

Thanks!

Chris Denby
    Participant

The first thing I did was remove the tribe-events folder but it did not resolve the issue. I’m not sure what the version was but I suspect it was very old.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Liz,

Took a look at your site again and still noticed the issues on the page like you describe. I’m guessing the “tribe-events” folder is still deleted from the theme?

If so, a couple of quick questions:

• Do you currently have any caching plugins running? If so, does the issue persist when you do a complete purge of all cache?
    • Have you checked the theme’s functions.php file to see if there are any references there to “tribe_events” that may be causing this additional information?

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Chris Denby
    Participant

Yes, the ‘tribe-events’ folder is still deleted from my theme. We have a widget cache plugin but it is not activated. There are no references to tribe_events in the functions.php file.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Liz,

This is strange. I’ll reach out to a team member tomorrow that has more familiarity with older versions of the plugin to see if he is aware of anything that could be causing this issue after the update from the older version.

As something else that may potentially be causing the issue, does your theme have a “single-tribe_events.php” file that could be controlling the single event display?

Thanks!

Chris Denby
    Participant

Thanks for looking into it. There is no file called “single-tribe_events.php” in the theme. Also, I’ve noticed that the same random event shows up at the bottom of the calendar list view page sometimes. If you click “find out more” the page doesn’t exist. If you go to a single event page and then hit the back button it sometimes will disappear from the list.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Liz,

I apologize for the delayed response. That is definitely strange but also gives me an idea about the issue! Looking back at your site I see a few Javascript errors on the page that could very well be causing the Events Calendar not to function properly. You can see them here https://cloudup.com/cPNcVPLiIRv.

Try updating those scripts until there are no more errors on the page and see if that resolves the issue for you.

Thanks!

Chris Denby
    Participant

We’ve updated the javascript and are no longer getting the errors but it seems to have had no effect on the issues with the calendar.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Liz,

I apologize for the delay.

I did some research and have a few more questions to help us determine if this is associated with the update to the plugin. Previously, I was focused on the theme due to the events displaying properly with a default theme but hopefully these will help us get to the bottom of the issue.

1. Does the issue persist if you deactivate the PRO version of our plugin and leave the core events calendar plugin active?
    2. With PRO activated, create some new events. Does the issue persist with new events that were created with the latest version of the plugin activated?

Hopefully this will help to narrow things down. At the end of the day though, I am a bit limited in the support I’m able to give with what may end up being a theme conflict. However, I’d still like to help figure out the root of what is happening on your site.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Extra random event details at bottom of event page’ is closed to new replies.