external link in calendar list

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO external link in calendar list

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    stoweperformingarts
    Participant

We use Events calendar Pro, and last year when we created events, we had a button on the calendar listing for our external ticket system. We can place that link on each event page ok, but I can’t see how we would have gotten it on the list for each event. We have event tickets installed and updated. Do we also need Event Tickets Pro?

Thanks

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out!

It sounds like you have a custom field that you’re using to enter the ticket link, and you want to add this to your main calendar views?

If so, then you can do this with a template override – our themer’s guide has some instructions on this.

We are limited in the amount of support that we can provide for customizations, but if you get stuck or have any questions, please let me know – I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction! If I’ve misunderstood what you’re looking for, please let me know that as well 🙂

Thanks,

Jennifer

stoweperformingarts
    Participant

Not sure if my previous request went though. Apologies if this is a duplicate.

First – thanks much Jennifer. I will review the themer’s guide, but I’m wondering if it might be simpler than that.

On my event listing I have a button that links to Vendini. (attachment 1). I’m pretty sure that button used to show up on my calendar list just under the event date or name (see attachment 2) but it doesn’t now. The list is called with the [Tribe_calendar_list] command with parameters as shown in attachment 3.

So I thought I should create a custom field but the closest I could come was the URL option, and the plug-in said what I was putting in was not a URL. There is a URL in the code, but there’s more HTML in it as well.

Do I need Tickets Plus? Our website was designed by someone who used her own license for Event Calendar Pro, and we had to purchase a license and reinstall when hers expired. I have both Tickets and Tickets Plus installed on the website, but I don’t think Plus would be valid now.

Thanks for any other thoughts you might share.

stoweperformingarts
    Participant

On my last post the attachments did not show up in the order I uploaded them. Sorry. Hopefully it will be clear enough.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Thanks for clarifying and sending the screenshots! I took a look at one of your event listings, and it looks like you’re adding the button HTML directly into the event description, which is not included in the list widget. If you had the button in there before, I’m not sure how it would have been done…

Event Tickets Plus lets you sell tickets directly on your site via an integration with WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads, so if want to continue selling tickets through Vendini, you would not want to use Event Tickets Plus for ticketing buttons. Still, they would not be included in the list widget.

What you could do is use the additional fields from Pro to add the link (without any HTML) to the event, which will save it as meta data on the event – this will allow you to access it easily in a template override for the list widget. You could pull in the field and wrap it with the HTML directly in your copy of the template. If you want the button to appear at the top of the single event page as you have it now, you would also need to customize the single event template to add it in there.

If you’d like to give the override a shot, you’ll find the template in wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/widgets/list-widget.php.

I hope this helps clear things up, and please let me know if you have any questions!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘external link in calendar list’ is closed to new replies.