external calendar integration

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions external calendar integration

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard R

I’m building a WP site for my child’s school. The school needs to have a calendar on their site. I’m considering yours, but what concerns me is how user friendly it will be for the school staff to use. They currently use Outlook as their calendar and I’m sure they do not want to enter into 2 calendars. Will your calendar be able to import from outlook? I think the back end of WP will scare the hell out of the school staff if they had to make all their calendar entries there.

Thank you

George
    Participant

Hey Richard,

Thanks for reaching out with these question – your concern is definitely a valid one.

It can indeed be hard to get a group of people familiar with one tool to switch to another one, or to have to use both of them at the same time. However, here’s one thing I can think of that might help you in your decision-making here:

The Events Calendar has a built-in CSV importer tool, which works very well. If the school staff creates all their events in Outlook, you may be able to do something like export all the events once a week from Outlook and import them into The Events Calendar on your site.

The good news? This is a core plugin feature, not something you even have to upgrade to PRO to try out, so you can test this out now and see if it works well for you. I have not used Outlook in many, many years, so I honestly can’t say how robust its exporting features are, but you should be able to export a week of events or something into a CSV file and import that.

Check out our official guide to the CSV Importer to learn more about it here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-the-events-calendars-csv-importer/

Let me know if this helps! Many people use Outlook and The Events Calendar together, so it’s possible you might be able to find a working solution here.

Keep us posted on what you think and/or if you’ve got any other questions or comments here.

Thanks Richard.

— George

George
    Participant

Hello,

This issue’s been sitting here a while so I’m going to go ahead and close it for now – if other issues arise, don’t hesitate to come back and open a new ticket, and if you need to open a new ticket about the same issues you originally brought up here, please share a link to this original ticket so we can pick up where we left off.

Cheers!
    George

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘external calendar integration’ is closed to new replies.