Exporting of events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Exporting of events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    waidpublishing
    Participant

We are using the COMMUNITY EVENTS plug-in on our magazine website. It is working fine but I can’t find a way to export events in our calendar in bulk. Let me explain what I mean…

I own a physical magazine (our primary product) that is printed monthly. Our website is a supplement to our printed magazine. My staff AND community members can log into our site and place community events through your plug in. Once a month when we print our printed magazine we also like to run (in print) some of the upcoming events. So, I need a way to export into a usable format (not ICS) a batch of events per month.

I can’t seem to find how…so I am hoping you can help.

THANKS….Mike

Cliff

Hi, Mike.

Do you basically just want a printer-friendly view of https://searchparker.com/events/ or are you wanting a specific list of events to be printed?

For example:

Website List of Upcoming Events:

• Event A
    • Event B
    • Event C
    • Event D
    • Event E
    • Event F

Printed List of Upcoming Events:

• Event C
    • Event F
    waidpublishing
    Participant

I would like just a text dump of the items in the calendar so that we can “cut and paste” them into our printed piece. As it currently stands we have to open each item, cut and paste each segment into a text doc, then go back and repeat for each item.

It would be great if there were simply just one export function that would dump all the events (including their detail info) into one TXT file or something else we can cut and paste.

Make sense?

Let me know.

THANKS

MW

Cliff

You could put the iCalendar file (.ics) into a converter (third-party, untested, and not guaranteed or supported by us):

Beyond these alternatives, it’d definitely be custom coding to accomplish what you’re wanting.

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Exporting of events’ is closed to new replies.