exporting from "Events Calendar Pro" by Shane &… to The Events Calendar

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions exporting from "Events Calendar Pro" by Shane &… to The Events Calendar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    OP

Hello,

I’m building a new website for a company that has on its old website the “Events Calendar Pro” Version 1.2 | By Shane & Peter, Inc. and on the new one I’m building I have found only “The Events Calendar” Version 4.6.14.1 | By Modern Tribe, Inc. which seems to be by the same company if I understood well.

Is there a way to export from the old one (“event calendar pro”) then import it to the new one (“The Events Calendar”, or any other plugin btw)?
    If there is a way, and it is not too complicated, I would definitely buy your paid version if needed.

Thank you in advance!

Courtney

Hi Ofer

I became a client likely around the same time. At the bottom of https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/advanced/, you can download as far back as 1.5.

We recommend conducting these tests on a staging server (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/creating-using-wordpress-staging-site/).

Can you start with getting that part tested. After we confirm that much works, purchase Events Calendar Pro. We can back-date your account to allow for downloading older versions of our plugin.

So – bring The Events Calendar up to 1.5 via the .org download. Then take it up to v2.0, and from there we can connect to the corresponding Events Calendar Pro v2.0. After that, make some minor incremental leaps up in the update process.

Keep me posted on TEC updates.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

OP

Hi Courtney

I am ready to try importing my old calendar. My host does not have a
    staging plan, but since I have no events and the site is not online (it is
    but with a different temporary domain). Should I buy the The Event Calendar
    Pro than you will guide me on how to import older versions of your
    plugin. Should I downgrade than upgrade? Please guide me what to do.

Thank you!

Courtney

Hi Ofer

Yes, I’ll guide you through this. Start with purchasing Events Calendar Pro, and then let me know when you’ve done that. I’ll back date the version you can access to the oldest we have on file.

Can you tell me what version the old site is using of The Events Calendar? Downgrade your own new site to that as well using https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/advanced/.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘exporting from "Events Calendar Pro" by Shane &… to The Events Calendar’ is closed to new replies.