Export Venues… WordPress export is exporting incorrect data and not working.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Export Venues… WordPress export is exporting incorrect data and not working.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    inikosoft
    Participant

Hello,
    I need to export our list of venues. I don’t see an option to export within the plugin but came across a suggestion to use WordPress’s export function to make this happen. None of the export types are exporting the correct data. I select “venues” from the export and end up with a file that contains random information and a list of the users.

There has to be a way to export just the venues… and it seems like it’s been a request for quite some time based on the support forum questions I keep coming across. Any plan to add this as a feature and save your customers the headache? In the meantime, help please! 🙂

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m sorry that you’re having such a hard time exporting venues! We don’t have any specific plans for adding export functionality at this time, partly because many of our users find that WP All Export works great for exporting (and importing) event-related data. This free plugin offers many helpful options for creating custom exports (both for events and other post types). Can you give this a try and let me know if it works better for you?

Thanks,

Jennifer

inikosoft
    Participant

This “free” plugin is $99 :/ Doesn’t seem like a good solution to me. Why would you prefer users to go to 3rd party plugins to export information from your plugin? As a PRO user of your plugin, you should be able to export events/venues/organizers/etc, don’t you think? Such a bummer that your solution is to go pay another site $100 so I can export my venues…

Jennifer
    Keymaster

They do have a free version which you can download here from wordpress.org (I sent you to their main page for a better overview of the features, but it looks like they don’t have a link to their free version on that page). Sorry for the confusion there! You can download the free importer plugin here.

Pro does come with some export features for events, but since you were looking specifically for venues, I thought that this option would work better for you. If additional export functionality is something that you would like to see added in the future, please do let us know over in our Feature Ideas Forum! This is what we use to gauge user interest in new features and help guide future development efforts.

inikosoft
    Participant

Ah, ok. When I went to the link you provided there was no mention anywhere of a free version. I just installed it and it worked like a charm. Thanks for your assistance!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

No problem, I’m glad that worked! I didn’t realize that the free version was not listed on their site, so I appreciate you pointing that out 🙂

If there is anything else that I can help you with, please let me know!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Export Venues… WordPress export is exporting incorrect data and not working.’ is closed to new replies.