export only title and link

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions export only title and link

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kortris
    Participant

hello, many visiotors of my website use the export option to export the event as an ics file and add it to their google calendars. I wonder if it is possible to export only title and link of the event and not the title and the description.

Thank you in advance

Caroline

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! If you’d like to modify the output of your iCal feeds to remove the description field, you can achieve this with custom code using the tribe_ical_feed_item filter. For more context on how to use this filter in your theme’s functions.php file, you can refer to the original source file for iCal exports, which is located in the plugin folder for The Events Calendar at /the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/iCal.php. Please note that we aren’t able to provide code examples for this type of customization, nor can we guarantee that ICS files modified in this way will be compatible with ICS-supporting applications.

I hope that helps to get you started here! 🙂 Thanks again, and let us know if you should have any other questions!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘export only title and link’ is closed to new replies.