Export Not Working – Export List of All Events, Only Get 3 Months

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Export Not Working – Export List of All Events, Only Get 3 Months

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    ncnca_webmaster
    Participant

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/export-not-working/

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there.

Thanks for emailing support and sorry you are having issues with the export.

Can you also try testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins? If you would prefer not to do this on your live site, WP Staging will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing. Let me know what you find!

Thanks,
    Brendan

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/export-not-working/

ncnca_webmaster
    Participant

It was noted in my ticket that I already did the conflict testing. Please let me know next steps.

ncnca_webmaster
    Participant

Here is what I can tell you:

1. I disabled all plugins and reverted to the Twenty Sixteen theme as the instructions ask (the instructions at the bottom say Twenty Fourteen, which I assume is an editing oversight)
    2. You can export the List view for all events, but it only covers January – part of March 2018 instead of the full list of events. It doesn’t even match up to exporting just one visible page. Stopping point is random.
    3. When I tried an export giving a set date range (Jan 1 2018 – Dec 31 2018) all it succeeds in exporting is the events remaining in 2017 not 2018.
    4. Not sure if this is a date/date range setting, but I did the testing.
    5. We are using a version of WP which has not been tested with WP Staging, so I am reluctant to activate that app.

Since I am not the first person to report this issue & I assume a solution was found for the previous person to report the issue, I’m assuming you can help. Thanks.

ncnca_webmaster
    Participant

I can tell you that iCal on my Mac is doing something strange with the date range download (Jan 1 2018 – Dec 31 2018) where events will be on the calendar and then literally vanish, so I’m wondering if I should send you the ics file for the List view download so you can see if it is abbreviated on your end or if it’s all there. Because if it’s my Mac, that’s a whole other issue.

File attached.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Yes, please zip up file and send to me so I can look at it.

Thanks,
    Brendan

ncnca_webmaster
    Participant

Sorry, didn’t see your reply until now. Not sure why but I didn’t get an email when you said to send the file. File sent. Thanks.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi There,

I’m sorry, I am not seeing the file. Can you upload to dropbox or another service and post the link?

Thanks,
    Brendan

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi There,

I’m sorry, I am not seeing the file. Can you upload to dropbox or another service and post the link?

Thanks,
    Brendan

ncnca_webmaster
    Participant

Here is the file. When I tried it on the iPad it asked me if I wanted to add 30 events to the calendar. So if there’s some setting which limits the export of a list to x number of events (in this case 30) that would be good to know.

ncnca_webmaster
    Participant

Here is the file. It is visible, so you can work with it. Please let me know any progress on this issue.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Are you able to provide a link to the ical file so I can run it through a validator before I file a bug report.

Thanks,

Brendan

ncnca_webmaster
    Participant
    Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi There,

Okay so I ran this through a validator and it does appear to have some issues with the timezone.

I can confirm its coming from the ics file, however that is beyond our level of support to fix this.

Please confirm the dates are formatted correctly on the ics file before importing into the site. That should fix the issue.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Export Not Working – Export List of All Events, Only Get 3 Months’ is closed to new replies.