Export ical feed of events with a certain tag

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Export ical feed of events with a certain tag

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jim Foreman
    Participant

I have two sites running The Events Calendar Pro. I want to import some of the events on Site A to Site B, but only the events that are tagged as “Import”.

Normally, I would input the following iCal URL into the importer on SiteB: http://SiteA.com/events/?ical but that would give me every event. What URL would I use to limit this to just the events tagged “Import”?

Geoff

Hi @bluesmokellc,

Good question! I believe this will do the trick:

[site-a]/events/category/[category-slug]/?ical

Will that work for you? Please let me know. 🙂

Geoff

Jim Foreman
    Participant

Hmmm… I thought that would work, but for some reason it tries to import all of the events, rather than the ones in the specific category.

Geoff

Oh shoot, you’ll have to forgive me–iCal Importer will indeed pull up any and all events it find in an iCal feed, regardless of category. I was looking at the Category option on import and had mistaken that as a filter for incoming events rather than events that had already been imported and awaiting to be published. Sorry about that!

The closest way to import based on a specific category would be to filter the feed based on a keyword. I know that’s not what you’re looking for but I’m afraid that’s it at the moment.

iCal Importer is the newest member of The Events Calendar family, so we’re definitely in ideas on how to make it better and I think category filters would be pretty sweet. If you have a moment, will you add that to our feature request forum? I can see others finding that useful as well and it would be great to have it on the radar.

Sorry again and thanks!

Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Export ical feed of events with a certain tag’ is closed to new replies.