Export Events (iCal) in Month View

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Export Events (iCal) in Month View

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    David Watson
    Participant

Hi,

I am developing a site in some holding space. I have two Questions.

Question 1

When I first visit the Calendar Page http://www.schools.outsidethesquare.com/aldbourne/diary/ the Export Button appears bottom right.

If I change month using the Next (July) link, the button disappears.

If I the go back using the Prev (June) link, the button is still missing.

If I refresh any month’s view, the button reappears.

Is there a way to fix this?

Question 2

Is there a way to export a subset of the events using the categories as a filter? Perhaps a query string with some parameters?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately the first issue with the export button has been confirmed as a bug on our end, but we are currently working on getting this resolved. I don’t have a timeline at the moment as to when the fix will be released, but as soon as we have an update, we’ll let you know here.

Regarding exporting by category, you can grab the link from the export button that appears on category pages, which you can get to under Events > Categories (hover over the category name and click “View”). It should look something like this:

yoursite.com/events/category/category-name/?ical=1&tribe_display=month

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

David Watson
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve created the category downloads, thanks.

I now want to hide the default button on the bottom right but it is not
    within a div nor does it have an id.

I can hide it using

#tribe-events .tribe-events-button {display: none;} but that also hides the
    single event iCal and Google Calendar buttons.

Where will I find the file that’s generating this button so I can add a an
    id/class?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Try adding this CSS, which will only target the button in month view:

#tribe-events .tribe-events-month .tribe-events-button {
    display: none;
    }

The button is being added via the “tribe_events_after_footer” action, which you can see in wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/iCal.php, so there is not an easy way to add a class around that button itself (we never recommend modifying core plugin files). However, if you did want to add a class, you could do a template override of the content.php file found at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/month, where you’ll see

You can add a wrapper around this if you would like. If you’re just trying to hide the button until this is fixed, then I would recommend going with the CSS option 🙂

Let me know if you have any other questions.

David Watson
    Participant

Thanks – the CSS has worked a charm.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Great! As soon as the issue with the export button has been resolved, we’ll let you know!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi David!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Export Events (iCal) in Month View’ is closed to new replies.