Export Events Calendar data to new site

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Export Events Calendar data to new site

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

Hello,

I need to export all of my Events Calendar data (venues,organizers,events) to a mirror of the original site. I can successfully export the data using the WordPress “export” tool, but when I try to import it to the new site, I get this message: “Failed: Invalid post type sp_events”

Is there another way I should go about doing this?

Best,
    Frank

Rob

Hey Frank. Thanks for the heads up. Let me see if Jonah has any suggestions for third-party apps that may do this. As for the Failed import; that’s odd, as I didn’t think we were using the sp_ tag at all. It’s possible that never got changed in the code and if so we’ll of course get it patched up so this doesn’t occur down the road.

Frank
    Participant

I should mention that I’m exporting from Events Calendar Pro v1.33 and importing to v2.0.3. Maybe the tags got changed somewhere in there?

Rob

Not positive – it’s definitely possible, but since Jonah is hitting the forums this afternoon I’ll have him respond directly.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Frank,

I would not run the import from 1.33 to 2.0.3 and I would sugest using WP Migrate DB (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-migrate-db/) in all cases where you are migrating a WordPress site from one server/environment to another. I use this for all the sites I work on.

Please first do the migration from 1.33 to 1.33 and then perform the update as all the data will then be properly migrated to the new version. The plugin will not be able to properly migrate otherwise because it needs to run the update script which will convert all of the old event posts into new custom post type events posts.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Frank
    Participant

Hi Jonah,

Thanks for this. I’ve installed 1.33 on my new server, used the WP Migrate DB plug-in, installed the migrate file via phpMyAdmin on the new server and though the records show up in phpMyAdmin, there are no events listed on the new server in WordPress. I think something went wrong… Any thoughts?

Best,
    Frank

Frank
    Participant

OK, so here is another update.

I tried importing my Events Calendar Pro 1.33 data to my new site using the WordPress “export” function.

When I imported the data, it was recognized by the Events Calendar. However, every event I imported has a start date of today’s date January 31 2012. Also, most of the data associated with the event (organizer, venue, phone, email, etc.) is missing.

To compare, view this original event:
    http://www.fashioncalendar.ca/event/micalla-ss12-presentation/

And then the imported version:
    http://toronto.fashioncalendar.ca/event/micalla-ss12-presentation/

Am I doing something wrong? How do I properly import events data from one 1.33 installation to another? I don’t know why it is so complicated and I’m running out of time! My deadline is this week and I was assuming this would be a straightforward process.

Please help!!

Best,
    Frank

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Frank, can you send me both exports, the first one from Migrate DB and the WordPress export? My email is jonahcoyote [at] gmail [dot] com

I’ll take a look as soon as I can.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Export Events Calendar data to new site’ is closed to new replies.