Export event to iCal results into double entry in iCal

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Export event to iCal results into double entry in iCal

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rene
    Participant

Hello,

I’m using the premium Facebook Events plugin on one of my sites: http://www.stadscafedebasiliek.nl.

When I use the ‘Export event to iCal’ the event is put twice in the iPhone calendar. Same event, but twice. I can’t test this for the Google calendar because I don’t use that. Maybe you guys can test that for me?

Can you please help me with this? Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,
    Rene

Barry

Hi Rene,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties.

I checked out the first three events I found on your upcoming events list and the iCal export data for each individual event seems to contain just one event (rather than duplicating the same information twice). On importing one of them into iCal “for real” I found no problem, it was imported just once.

Is it possible that you additionally imported all events from the list view, or could something else have gone wrong? Can you also confirm if you are seeing this in relation to all single events, or just a handful (which ones if so?).

Thanks!

Rene
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your reply.

Strange things are happening here. When I export the iCal event with my iPhone (iPhone 5s, iOs 8.3) using safari the event is shown twice in my calendar app (original from apple too).

But …

When I check that same exported event on my iMac and opening the calendar app there, the event is shown once. I would love to send you a screenshot of the situation, but I don’t have the opportunity to upload that here.

Maybe you can give it a try with an iPhone and try to duplicate my situation?

Thnx again!

Barry

Thanks Rene,

That is odd and after further testing we can reproduce this independently.

Since it seems like we might be looking like a legitimate bug we’ve filed a report of this and hopefully we will be able to get a fix out in a future release 🙂

Thanks again for reporting this!

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks again for your post. We wanted to get in touch and let you know that although we weren’t able to address this issue in our upcoming 3.10 release, it is still very much a priority. We have a ticket in our system and will be investigating a solution to be released in a future version. Thank you for your patience and support while we work on this!

Cheers,
    The Events Calendar Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Export event to iCal results into double entry in iCal’ is closed to new replies.