Export Community Event Data

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Export Community Event Data

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kelli Burrows
    Participant

I have HAVE have to get the information from over 300 events off the site and into csv or something that can be converted. I understand that this is currently not a capability but someone has to have figured this out. When I purchased I was told that I could use Ical, but I’m not getting anything usable.

Has anyone figured out a way to get the event information either in the database or through export in a way that is at least workable?

Thanks in advance!
    k

Cliff

Hi Kelli.

There isn’t currently a way to pull just the events that were created via Community Events (CE) front-end form. However, if you’re looking for ALL events (not just the ones created via CE), you could use WordPress’ native export functionality to get it to XML format (such as for exporting from WordPress Site A and importing to WordPress Site B if both sites have The Events Calendar active on each).

If you don’t want it in that format, you could use an iCal export but it won’t be in parity because iCal doesn’t handle all the data relationships perfectly. It helps to have more of an en masse iCal export…

Here’s an installable .zip file (install it at your Plugins screen) that adds two URLs:

1. example.com/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=recently-published
    2. example.com/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=year

The first is useful when folks are trying to use the iCal importer to pull events from one website to another. It will contain any recently published or modified events. Note: It is subject to the postsperpage setting in WP-Admin > Events > Settings.

The second exports this year’s events (from January through December).

If preferable, there’s a code snippet to share just the events one year out from today. Let me know if this plugin works for you or if you want the code for exporting one year from today… and if you have any other follow-up questions.

Kelli Burrows
    Participant

Thanks Cliff, unfortunately this isn’t working for me. I’d like to try the snippet, if you can post it.

Even if I can create a page with all the info for all the races on it, I can at least copy and paste and put it in an excel file would help.

thanks, I appreciate your help as I’m drowning here!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Kelli Burrows.
    Cliff

Kelli, here’s the other snippet:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/ab1f7c4d95723ee6f892

I’m uncertain what you have in mind for this:

Even if I can create a page with all the info for all the races on it, I can at least copy and paste and put it in an excel file would help.

If you have an “HTML table layout” in mind, I’m guessing you would have to create a custom output. Then you could copy/paste this into Excel and then use it in our CSV import if that’ll help you move it from Site A to Site B.

Kelli Burrows
    Participant

What I’m thinking is taking the List View and making a php page that has all the info in the order I need it.

Title
    Distance category
    Time
    RD reg
    Certified
    Organizer info
    Details

That way I can go month by month and copy all the info and then paste it into a word file and turn it into a database. I need the database to sort and check for duplicates before I put the print version together.

Doable?? It’s going to be a huge time suck. I had thought that the exporting to ical would give me what I needed, ugh.

k

Kelli Burrows
    Participant

Okay, so here is what I did. I only have one issue that I can’t find/resolve.

I changed the list.php to show everything I need for info.
    http://www.runmdra.org/race-calendar/list

The only problems is the custom fields I added which are Race Day Registration and Certified. What / where is the code for that?

My “plan” such as it is, is to copy all the month info and then put the regular list.php back after I’m done. This is still a huge time waster, and it’s not elegant, but I can’t think of anything else and the ground is rushing up!

let me know and thanks so much!
    k

Cliff

Sorry you’re having to deal with this, Kelli.

Please see this file: /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/modules/meta/additional-fields.php

Of course, it’s listed in our Themer’s Guide as well if you need to know how to override that part.

As I stated before, I’d suggest putting all this into an HTML table because Excel/Word will be able to handle those fairly elegantly compared to just plain text versions of it all.

Kelli Burrows
    Participant

I’m not sure what you mean by using an HTML table. Are you saying that I can create a table in html and then “call” the data into the table?

Do I have this right? I’m kind of confused.

Create a php file put the table in along with the “<?php echo tribe_get_organizer ( $organizer ) ?>” for example in the correct cell along with all the other info, then

Then create a page template that uses the php file? Create a page using that template, copy the table and put it in excel?

thanks for all your help, if I can get this right, at least others can benefit 🙂
    k

Cliff

Create a php file put the table in along with the “<?php echo tribe_get_organizer ( $organizer ) ?>” for example in the correct cell along with all the other info, then create a page template that uses the php file? Create a page using that template, copy the table and put it in excel?

You got it… http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_tables.asp

You could create it as a shortcode or a new view or however you want.

I hope it goes well for you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Export Community Event Data’ is closed to new replies.