Expired Transients

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Expired Transients

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kate
    Participant

We’re getting the same issue with expired transients. Our DB ballooned to 2.75 GB and ended up deleting 30,000 + expired transients. Obviously, I couldn’t look through all of them but the 5 pages I looked at (via the Delete Expired Transients plugin) were all event calendar related. They continue to build in the DB.

Kate
    Participant

Checking today, after deleting the mass of expired transients yesterday (maybe 20 hours ago), I found 50+ expired transients related to the events calendar that have not been removed.

Cliff

Hi, Jake.

Thanks to other users reporting this same issue, I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

The current workaround is to use a plugin like http://wordpress.org/plugins/delete-expired-transients/ (third-party, not guaranteed or supported by us)

Cliff

Jake, since you inquired about this thread from your other thread, I wanted to let you know that I pinged our development team for an update on this one.

I’ll let you know what I hear from them.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jake!

First, we wanted to apologize for the long delay in getting back to this topic in regards to the issue reported here.

We’ve reached to the conclusion that the lack of decent garbage collection (for transients stored in the database) is a general shortcoming that is best addressed from the WordPress core side of things.

We know some other plugins face with the same issue. The good thing is there are several great tools out there, such as the WP Transients Manager, that can solve this problem.

As a result, we don’t wish to duplicate efforts by baking in our own transient garbage collector if solid general purpose tools (like WP Transients Manager) already exist to do the same job.

As always, if you decide to implement one of these tools, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can test things out without disrupting the live site.

Don’t hesitate to reach out to us for any follow up questions you may have.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Expired Transients’ is closed to new replies.